Thursday, January 15, 2015

Short and Tingly and Sweet

"Hey, Mom. Do you know how my friend Curly found out he was allergic to bananas?"

"Um. No. I don't believe I do."

"He sat down at his kitchen table and peeled a banana and took a bite. The he told his mom, 'Don't you love how you get that tingly feeling in the back of your throat when you eat bananas?'"

"That's kind of scary. What did she do?"

"I don't know. I guess she took him to the doctor to get tested, and that's how he found out he was allergic to bananas."

Not much of an elaborator, that Pony.

7 comments:

  1. Used to have to smoke them to get that tingly feeling. But that is all you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to smoke grapevine when I was a teenager, but I think the "tingly feeling" was more imagined than real...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kid may assume he's allergic if he starts tingling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad that "banana tingle" doesn't amount to anything. But then growing illegal bananas would be harder than growing illegal pot....I presume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. joeh,
    Must be a Jersey thing. I suppose you tossed back a dirty-water cocktail to chase the tingle.

    *****
    Sioux,
    Are you bitter that Marvin Gaye and CCR stole your song, "Smoked It Through the Grapevine" and kept you out of the spotlight?

    *****
    Linda,
    But I double he'll tell his mom at the kitchen table.

    *****
    Stephen,
    Don't worry. Grapevines aren't regulated yet. Smoke up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that tingly feeling when I am allergic to something. Pony must have weird friends.

    ReplyDelete