Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I Repeat: What Are We Going to Do About T-Hoe?

Hick's air of superiority stinks like a three-days-dead catfish stuffed with the run-off from a pig farm manure pile and rolled up in a tire-flattened road-kill skunk tortilla.

Remember how I asked to have my leaking tire repaired, and my 16% oil life rejuvenated, and Hick declared that he would go me one better and fix that wheel bearing that roared at him like a mighty king of beasts?

Hick got T-Hoe back around noon. Something suddenly came up, and I did not drive T-Hoe until nigh on four o'clock. At which point I discovered:

The bad tire still had 29 pounds of air, when it needs 35.
The good front tire now had 40 pounds of air, when only yesterday it had 30.
The oil life stood at 14%.
I could not hear a roaring wheel bearing, which I also could not hear before repairs.
The SERVICE PARK ASSIST message now shows up along with my SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM message.

Yep. Hick had the wrong tire fixed. The repairmen told him it had a bad bead.
He SAYS that the guys simply forgot to reset the oil life sensor.
He SAYS they didn't charge him labor again for putting in the pinion bearing instead of the wheel bearing.
He says they told him there's a short in the electrical system and it needs a part to control those sensor messages, but he wasn't paying that kind of money for it.

AND...the night in the shop only cost us $565. I swear. A human hospital would have been cheaper.

Seriously. I could have gone in there like a befuddled old lady and gotten more bang for my buck.

Now all I have to do is take my T-Hoe and get his leaky tire fixed.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you might have had a better result if you'd dealt with the car yourself. Oh, well. I hope you and your family have a terrific Thanksgiving. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only men were as easy to "fix."

    Your "discoveries" made me chuckle. Val--you could take this on the road, and have women all over the country peeing in their pants.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Well, the shift knob is loose. You know about that? Have you been picking at it?
    Have you been rotating the tires? You don't try to. You do it! Fifty-one percent of all turns are right turns. You know that? 'Try to. 'Huh. I don't understand you. It's your own car we're talking about. You know you wrote the wrong mileage down on the form? You barely know the car. You don't know the mileage; you don't know the tire pressure. When was the last time you even checked the washer fluid? I think I know what's goin' on here, and I just wanna hear it from you. But I want you to be straight with me. Don't lie to me, Val. You know that motor oil you're puttin' in there? (From one of those quicky lube places, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catalyst,
    I see that you have been paying attention, and are well-versed in the antics of Hick. A gold star for you.

    ******
    Stephen,
    Or Even Steven might have needed a laugh, and caused T-Hoe to fall off the rack.

    Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes.

    *****
    Sioux,
    Have we established that you own stock in Depends, Madam?

    *****
    Birdie,
    I hope you're not going to jump in T-Hoe and take him for a long ride. I guarantee you that JFK's golf clubs are not in the back seat, conveniently handy for you to toss at anybody pursuing you to steal T-Hoe back for me.

    *****
    Kathy,
    You'd think I would have learned that by now.

    ReplyDelete