Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sweet Val-dalia

Hick and Genius went to the Rams game today. They are denying responsibility for the loss.


Genius took one of his fancy schmancy cameras along. But I got the photo that Hick took with his phone. You might notice that the picture is not of actual game activity. It's Hick's statement on how he has connections and gets free tickets that are nothing to sneeze at. Except maybe they are, because it's not like the Rams are setting the league on fire with their performance this year. Even though it's already better than last year. Which really is not saying much.

I have not been a rabid Rams fan since the years of cryin' Dick Vermeil, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Ricky Proehl, Todd Lyght, D'Marco Farr, and Jeff Wilkins. Don't go thinkin' I'm a fair-weather fan. I rooted and tooted for the Rams from the time they came to St. Louis. But after Dick Vermeil, my interest petered out. I just couldn't get behind Mike Martz.

My interest in football has fallen by the wayside. Gone are the days when I entered the local Backroads paper's weekly football contest. It involved high school, college, and pro games. I won it twice, though not in the same year. Not too shabby for an old lady housewife. The prize money was three digits. I DID have to travel to a furniture store twenty miles away for a promotional photo. No pic, no check. A small price to pay for money.

There you have it. Another layer to the onion that is Val Thevictorian. A true Renaissance woman.

7 comments:

  1. Val-dalias: Have a lot of layers and even though they can raise a stink, they're unusually sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my knowledge of football: someone throws the ball, someone runs after and catches the ball, and then a bunch of someones tackle him/jump on him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning that prize money. I don't recall ever winning any money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are full of surprises. Hope the Rams have a better season next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Downs...I wish the guys watching football in the living room on holdiays would pipe down. I don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leenie,
    I'm like my own version of Sour Patch Kids. First I'm stinky, then I'm sweet. I'm a Stinky Patch Gal.

    ***************
    Sioux,
    Well, you forgot about the KICKING part of it. After all, the name of the sport is FOOTBALL.

    Imagine baseball without bases, basketball without baskets, tennis without tennis rackets, table tennis without tables, horse racing without horses, bowling without bowling pins, golf without golf clubs, cross-country without country, soccer without socks, tiddlywinks...without...with...out...

    I imagine it would be like Sioux without ellipses.

    **************
    Stephen,
    I don't recall a mean old neighborhood lady giving me a treasure chest full of Hersheys on Halloween. Riches are measured in many ways.

    **************
    Donna,
    I am full of SOMETHING, that's for sure. I know that, because people are not shy about stating it as fact.

    The Rams have few places to go but up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,
    Well, aren't YOU the sneakiest sneaker who ever sneaked! It's a rhetorical question, but with an exclamation mark. You must have stealth training, Ninja-ing in here like that while I'm typing up replies.

    I was probably distracted by the ringing in my ears left over from the hubbub of men throughout the country yesterday piping up over the downs.

    ReplyDelete