Thursday, August 13, 2026

What a Difference a Paint Makes

Hick hired HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) to paint the base of the porch and the foundation of Lap House. They were going to do it last week, but HOS got sick in the heat, and could not. Funny how Hick told me this when it happened, but he had not yet bought the paint that showed up on the receipt he gave me yesterday. Maybe they had to pre-treat the area, or maybe Hick already had a little of the paint from another job. Anyhoo... HOS was feeling better yesterday, on an even hotter day, and got the job done.


I gotta say, that's a nice-looking front porch! Hick still has to replace the siding at the corner of the house, where he removed it to install the new electrical entrance. Here's a zoom-in so you can see more detail of the porch:


You can see here that the rail is no longer red, white, and blue. I'm not sure if Hick is going to paint or stain those support beams. Looks like a bit of soffit has been added to trim out the porch roof. This looks like a shady place to sit with a beverage and survey the neighborhood. Much better than what it was before.


I'm not sure if Hick will be replacing the two front windows. For sure he is going to put black fake shutters on each side. He says black now, but if the window trim is white, I could see white working just as well.

Now, if we could only get to work on the inside, where nothing has been done save cleaning out the basement to allow for the HVAC installation. And by "we," I mean Hick, Old Buddy, and HOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment