Sunday, August 2, 2026

The Universe Operates Like Google Ads

Hick and I take a multivitamin every day. I got a deal on them over the weekend. Buy two, get one free. It's a substantial savings! I ordered them as usual. In the past, they've shipped with the USPS. We get an email when they're out for delivery, and I remind Hick to check EmBee (our mailbox) for a key to the lockers beside Mailbox Row. Sometimes the vitamin bottles (hard plastic) come in a soft-pack bag instead of a box, and fit inside EmBee's hollow gullet, as she's made of steel pipe.

Anyhoo, I got the email that the vitamins were being delivered on Thursday. I sent Hick a warning text to be on the lookout when he got the mail. Then a bit later, I clicked on the tracking to see if maybe the vitamins were already here.

Well! Our vitamins were not being shipped with the USPS this time. They were being shipped by AMAZON! That's crazy! Our vitamins have nothing to do with Amazon! Even our Amazon orders come by the USPS, or by FedEx or UPS. 

Now I was in a quandary. Our newest dog Pepper is a chewer! He's seven months old now. With a mouth big enough to surround a vitamin bottle. I was not so much worried about the loss of the vitamins, but wondering if something like that could kill a dog! They are gummi vitamins. And Pepper loves to eat more than he loves to chew. If that package was left on the porch, it could mean trouble.

Of course Thursday is my Errand Day with The Pony. I was leaving home at 2:00, and returning around 4:30. I imagined that would be the window my vitamins arrived. Because that's just how life goes.

I was five miles from home when I passed a white delivery van headed our way. I couldn't read the side exactly, but I thought it said Amazon. I've never noticed Amazon delivery vehicles in our area. But I was sure that's what this was. I continued to pick up The Pony, and voiced my worry about the delivery. The Pony has not had any experience with Amazon delivery, and was no help.

After the bank, we stopped at Casey's as usual for T-Hoe's gas. I went in to pay, while The Pony remained outside to start pumping. When I came back, you'll never guess what was parked beside T-Hoe at the next pump. Or maybe you will, because you're clever.


It wasn't white, but it was definitely an Amazon delivery van! I figured it wouldn't have my vitamins, because there's probably enough deliveries in this town and Backroads for there to be more than one van. What a coincidence to have it parked right next to me, when I've never even seen one before, and was stressing over an Amazon delivery.

The Pony and I did the grocery shopping. I dropped off Pony. And a block away from Pony's house, I saw a (that?) blue Amazon delivery van again, going down a street. It's like I was surrounded by Amazon delivery vans! Like when you talk about something, and then all your Google ads pop up with that very thing the next time you're online.

After a stop at the Gas Station Chicken Store for my lottery tickets, I headed home. As I turned in the driveway, I saw an AMAZON DELIVERY VAN backing up onto my carport, having just turned around. It was a white van. I pulled T-Hoe into the yard to let it pass on our gravel driveway, but it parked. A guy got out and started walking a small package to the porch. You'd think he might have inquired if I wanted it, but no. He tripped over my little dog Jack. Pepper looked on hopefully, tail wagging, but was distracted by my presence. I am know to give out TREATS when I get home from town.

Anyhoo... neither dog went to look at the package. The Amazon driver left, and I was able to swing T-Hoe around to enter the garage. The dogs got their treat. And I got my soft-bag package of three bottles of vitamins off the porch, undisturbed.

I'll probably never see another Amazon delivery van again.

No comments:

Post a Comment