Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Hick Gets His Arrowheads

Remember when a guy tried to sell Hick some arrowheads for $500? Hick didn't take them. But Sunday, he got TWO collections of arrowheads. Framed, and in much better shape than the arrowheads the $500 guy had to offer.

Hick got more stuff along with this deal. And all for $250.


So much to see! We'll get to the arrowheads later. There are two framed collections. Also in this deal, Hick got the carved wooden Indian head. And the framed decals lying on the counter. They represent local law enforcement agencies. I'd say this was a pretty good deal! 

The other stuff in the picture he already had. Like all the pistols on the pegboard. They are OLD, and collector items. Hick says some of them will still shoot, but he wouldn't recommend it. These are not something a person would buy for protection and/or varmint-shooting. 

The little boat/shadow-box thingy holds fishing lures, and a reel that was dug up by one of Hick's buddies at a former town dump. The case on the right has some fishing lures, and also drug paraphernalia! That's how Hick described it. There's a grinder, and a pipe. I said I bet he didn't have many customers looking for that, and he said, "I just sold a grinder this morning!"

On the bottom shelf are some matches. I recognized the Marlboro logo. On the side shelf, there's a little blue cowboy. I asked Hick if that was plastic, and he said he thought it was metal, but didn't remember much about it. Below it is what looks like a little beer bottle, but Hick said that's salt and pepper shakers.


The attention-getter here is that giant "arrowhead" in the center. I said it looked like something used to cut up a big carcass. Hick said several of his regulars thought it was a hoe, or an axe. I'd think a hoe would have a different shape to be efficient. But I can imagine this scraping skin from flesh. It wouldn't seem to need those notches for a handle, though. It could just as well have the sharp sides, and a blunt end to grasp. Anyhoo... Hick said his asking price for just that giant tool is $350. He didn't mention what he'd charge for anything else.

A peek into Hick's SUS2.5 is always full of suprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment