Sunday, August 16, 2026

It Was Friday. You Know What THAT Means!

Hick was kicked back in my OPC (Old People Chair) on Friday afternoon at 4:25. He's recovering from surgery that he had on Thursday. [That won't be addressed here, but will be on my supersecret blog in a few days.]

The phone rang, and Hick groggily answered.

"Yeah. This is him. Huh. Well, I'll be there Monday. I'm doing okay. It's not a problem. That's all right. Yeah. I'll see you on Monday."

"Let me guess. That was one of your Harem!"

"Yep."

"Of course. It IS Friday evening. That's when they love to call." 

"Seems like it."

"What did this one want?"

"She wanted to tell me that the lady across the hall from her wants the hall sprayed for bugs."

"So SHE'S calling to tell you? For somebody else?"

"You don't understand what they're like. They're all in everybody else's business."

"Which one was this? What has she done? Was it the drinker again?"

"No. This one ain't done nothin'."

"Really? That's hard to believe. She wasn't the door/shoe lady, was she? I've heard that name before."

"Well, yeah. She's the one who called to say her bedroom door wouldn't close, and then I found a shoe stuck in it. And she's also the one who got in a fight with the drinking lady that got her carted off to the county jail."

"I KNEW there was more to it."

"And she also knew I was having surgery yesterday, and wanted to check on me."

"Of course she did. So she can report back to the rest of your Harem that she talked to you."

"It is what it is."

Yes. It's called Hick's Harem being lonely on a Friday night. Knowing they will have to go three long days without seeing him, since he usually only goes to the apartments Monday-Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment