Because a couple of MY PEOPLE were curious, I asked Hick how he got that broken key out of the lock when one of his Harem called last Friday.
"There wasn't no key in the lock when I got there. She just left it unlocked."
"Did you get the broken key?"
"No. I didn't ask for it. She had to pay for the cost of the new key anyway."
"How could she have gotten the broken key out of the lock?"
"Maybe she put it partway in and twisted it, and it broke off. So she could grab the part sticking out."
"So you never saw the broken key. How do you know she really broke it? Maybe she just SAID she broke it, to get you to come over."
"I hope not. I don't want her having extra keys. But I don't really know, because I didn't see the broken key."
"If it had been broken off in the lock, how would you get it out?"
"Tweezers."
"You mean like needle-nose pliers?"
"Yeah. That could work."
"What about a magnet?"
"Maybe. Some keys are steel. But some are brass. The magnet would only work on steel. Or you could use gum. Stick the gum in it, and pull out the broken piece."
Hick would probably have the Harem all lined up, chewing gum, to volunteer to help with such a task!
No comments:
Post a Comment