Tuesday, November 21, 2023

The Ladybug Magnet Is Still Attracting

A couple weeks ago, I showed pictures of The Pony's close encounters with ladybugs, bemoaning the fact that I have not seen a single one. Still haven't. But The Pony has!

On a brick wall, on Wednesday Nov 8...


And another one later that afternoon. "Dive-bombed my forehead from inside the truck."


Then a little herd of them in a mailbox on Friday, Nov 10...


Another one getting personal on Wednesday, Nov 15...


Another, hopefully not heading for his jugular vein, on Friday, Nov 17...


And on a mailbox yesterday, Nov 20...


"You are a ladybug magnet!"

"Yeah. Especially on bad days."

I guess that holds true. At 4:56, The Pony texted:

"Not feeling super lucky today. Since I've still got an hour-ish of mail to do."

Let the record show that it was dark by 4:30, with rain falling, and 45 degrees. I'm hoping The Pony had his headlamp. He said he keeps one in the car. If only he remembered to put it in his satchel. He hasn't been getting overtime yet this year, so he might have forgotten.

I consider the ladybugs lucky. You never know. In the time it takes for The Pony to snap a picture, his route is altered ever so slightly. It only takes an instant for an accident to happen. So these ladybugs COULD be lucky after all...

4 comments:

  1. Maybe he could bring a few ladybugs to you to get your herd started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony might do it accidentally, if there's one crawling on his back when he comes out for Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Ladybug Jackpot! they're so cute, I wish I saw more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Even ONE! I don't know what I have done to fall out of favor. I love that little herd in the mailbox.

      Delete