Thursday, November 16, 2023

The Bingo Price Box

Hick was back to playing bingo Wednesday night. He even came home and took a 10-minute shower! Not sure who he was trying to impress...

He missed lunch at the Senior Center because he was working on the Double Hovel flip house. His cronies at bingo said the seniors were disappointed. They were planning to yell "HICK!" when he walked in the door. Because they are tired of him winning their bingo. That's how Hick told it, anyway.

"You mean yell because they were mad at you? For always winning?"

"No. They're not MAD at me. But they don't like it that I always win."

"Well. I guess maybe they can't see, or they can't hear."

"They do complain that they can't hear. But she says it plenty loud."

Indeed. If HICK can hear it, those numbers must be called very loudly!

Anyhoo... because he was hungry from missing lunch, Hick had two suppers:


The Buffalo Wontons, and the Potato Bombs. Looks like he also enjoyed an adult beverage.

Of course I asked what the grand prize was for the evening.

"Don't know yet. It's in a cardboard box they have this picture on their web page"


"That's Arnold Schwarzenegger. Don't know what he sells. Or who the woman is."

"That is just the picture of the chairs with the people screen shot in"

"I know that! I thought it was supposed to be a hint about the prize."

"No just how they are showing the price"

"What is the difference in a hint, and how they are showing the priZe? You are ridiculous. What's the point of showing that picture if it's not a hint? They might as well show a picture of a dog's rumpus! It would mean the same."

Funny how Hick didn't respond after that. When he got home, I asked what the prize was.

"I TOLD you what the prize was! It was two chairs!"

"WHAT? You never told me the prize was chairs!"

"I sent you a picture and told you it was chairs."

"No. You sent me a picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger and a woman, saying it was on the web page."

"Yeah. It was a picture of the box. The box with chairs in it."

"How was I supposed to know that was a BOX? It just looks like a picture. It would be different if I saw the edges of a box. Why didn't you just say the prize was CHAIRS?"

"You don't understand nothin'!"

Apparently, I do not. At least nothin' coming out of Hick's texting fingers and illogical brain.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Those chairs look pretty comfortable too. Nice cushions on the chairs:) Hick's suppers still look really good to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chairs DO look comfortable. They are roomy enough to dwarf Arnold Schwarzenegger! I think Hick's Potato Bombs look especially delicious this time, but I don't like spicy things, so the Buffalo Wontons don't appeal to me.

      Delete
  2. I am wondering if he is related to Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is not doing 23andMe, so we may never know. I suspect he shares a branch or twig of a family tree with Kommentor Kathy's husband HeWho.

      Delete
  3. I thought it might be the chairs, but you are right, he did not make it clear. I am so disappointed that he didn't come home with this priCe. I was picturing the two of you sitting together and making small talk. They are rockers, did you notice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had I been given any indication that the website picture was a BOX, I might have guessed that the priCe might be chairs. I thought it was a random picture. You also notice that Hick's conversation kept saying he didn't know what the priCe was. Just because he mentioned chairs, I don't think he actually knew the prize was chairs. He flat out said he didn't know!

      "Don't know yet. It's in a cardboard box they have this picture on their web page"

      Somebody must have told him! Or they took the prize out of the cardboard box and showed the box with the picture of chairs on it.

      I did NOT notice that they were rockers. I'd have them rocked right off the chairs, from the stress of having too many "Who's on first" conversations with Hick!

      Delete
  4. Just by the picture I knew the prize was chairs but thought the small table might be included. and he did say "it's in a cardboard box"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You could tell by looking at a picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger photoshopped onto a frail body that this was a box of chairs? I tip my chapeau to you.

      Had the picture shown the outline of a box, or not had photoshopped faces, I might have figured it out for myself.

      What Hick said was "It's in a cardboard box." If it was the box holding the chairs, he would have said the prize was chairs. So I'm pretty sure they had the brown cardboard shipping box sitting at the bingo place. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered playing around by sending me the web page picture. That takes time away from him eating his two suppers!

      Delete