Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Everybody Sees Them But Val

The ol' Val eyes ain't what they used to be, but I know I'm not blind. I'm just not seeing ladybugs all willy-nilly, day in/day out, like SOME people around here. Hick is the latest beneficiary of a ladybug sighting. He sent me a text on Saturday:

"Look at the Beatles on the b. I just bought the clock"


It took me a minute to understand what Hick was trying to say. I suppose he let Autocorrect fill in the Beatles. I was wondering what Paul, John, George, and Ringo had to do with that clock. Then I zoomed in for a closer look.


How fair is THAT? Hick doesn't even call them ladybugs! Why does HE deserve to see one, when it would mean the world to me?

Everybody stop cutting eyes at each other, and cease your crazy temple twirly fingers to play the world's smallest violin for Val!

As for the clock, it is a hark back (never heard of a hark forward) to the days of Griesedieck Brothers Beer, a St. Louis brewing company. Hick paid $35 for the clock, and said it's probably worth about $100.

"What will you sell it for?"

"I'm not selling it. I'm keeping it. With my collection of beer stuff."

That means somebody is not going to get it for the low, low price of $40.

 As for the ladybug... I suppose it will fly away home, trying to remember if its house insurance is paid up.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! You're not kidding about the house insurance. I hope the ladybug's insurance is paid up for 2024 and that she/he didn't get upset when she/he saw another increase:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might want to look into an umbrella policy, too, in case her kids throw a wild party while she's away!

      Delete
  2. I think I have only seen one this year. If I see another, I will send her your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope she will be better with directions that I am!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you aren't seeing any ladybugs, I'm not either, though that won't make you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it does make me feel a little better. Misery loves company!

      Delete
  4. Look at it this way, he brought the clock home, so the ladybug is for you ..... Hey, I tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other ladybugs know The Pony will send me pictures, so they're for me, too!

      Delete