Saturday, November 4, 2023

Val's COINstant Craving

FINALLY! Good fortune has returned to Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!

TUESDAY, October 31, I was waiting for my scratchers at Orb K when I looked down to see


The employees were dressed in Halloween garb. A pumpkin pixie was counting money, but then said she'd wait on me. I declined, to get the St. Louis Cardinal grandma nearest the lottery display. Otherwise, I would have missed this treat! Good to see that somebody has swept the floor since the last time I took a coin picture.


It was a heads-up 2018 dime, not at all flattered by my contrary phone camera.
________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, November 2, I stepped out of T-Hoe at the School-Turn Casey's and found a special delivery left just for me!


Good thing nobody was parked on top of it! Just the right position for discovery.


It was a face-down 2022 penny, almost embedded in the pavement. Such a hard life for a coin so young!
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 11 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 80.
Dime             # 17.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 4

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo Val! I'm glad to see that you haven't thrown in the towel on becoming a future Pennyillionaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still going for it, though this might not be a banner year!

      Delete
  2. I need to get out more...out of the car. It is good to see fortune is smiling on you in the coin department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally! I eagerly waited for a guy to drop some coins today in Casey's, but he stubbornly took his time and put them in his pockets. Then took some more time to align the bills properly in his billfold, and put it back in his pocket. A task which could only be done standing right in front of the counter.

      Delete
  3. The dime makes up for the three "empty" weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I couldn't believe my good fortune, after going so long without a find.

      Delete
  4. I still look, but the only place I find money is while doing my own laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick drops some change every now and then, but it's not like I'm discovering something left especially for me!

      Delete