Friday, June 23, 2023

The Pony Pays Some Karma Forward

The Pony got to work on his favorite route Wednesday. He sent me a text around 3:30.

"Phone's almost dead, but I've got a story for you once I'm home!"

"OK!"

I'm always up for a Pony story. You never know if he narrowly avoided calamity, or if a customer left him a treat. This story was no treat.

"I was hungry while doing my route. Since it was the Backroads route, I thought I'd get Domino's. Well. In my heat-addled state, I didn't realize until I'd already paid online that I put in the Sis-Town Domino's! Obviously, I couldn't go get it!"

"Oh, no!"

"So I texted the supervisor that I like, and I'm pretty sure she went and got it so it didn't go to waste! Or at least I never got an 'are you picking it up' call. So I assume she did."

"That's good karma. I hope you didn't go hungry."

"I did for lunch! But when I got back to the office, I got three pieces (the ones without sausage) back after the supervisors and PM had some. It's warming now."

"Well, there's that! Sorry you went without lunch, but they will look upon you favorably."

You can't go wrong buying a round of pizza for the bosses... even if it's unintentional.

6 comments:

  1. Now, it's The Pony's turn for the good Karma to roll back his way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karma must have been talking to someone on another line, and didn't get the message! This morning, Pony locked his keys in the house, and had to walk to work. Hick is picking him up this evening and taking him home to let him in.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the pizza didn't go to waste. Bad luck about the keys though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck that The Pony lives so close to work and could walk, and that Hick carries a spare key to Pony House and hangs out in town on Fridays shooting the bull with his cronies.

      Delete
  3. The Pony leads a charmed life, even his inconveniences are not as inconvenient as they could be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until yesterday, when they messed with the schedule, and robbed him of a 3-day weekend! You never know. Such a small adjustment might save him from a major calamity...

      Delete