Saturday, June 24, 2023

A COINsiderably Better Week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune

Things are looking up in Future Pennyillionaireville! Though last week was a shut-out, it appears that Even Steven has returned from vacation.

THURSDAY, June 22, I stopped by the School-Turn Casey's for scratchers. Sadly, I became one of THOSE people who park all willy-nilly regardless of painted lines. It wasn't my fault! A white work truck was parked sideways across the lines, and I just put T-Hoe into the empty spot beside it. Of course, when I came out, that white work truck was gone, and another truck had parked in the real space in front of T-Hoe. That's when I saw this QUARTER, and got my photo.


It's there. Really. Look at T-Hoe's valve stem in the tire. Then draw an imaginary line to the 8:00 o'clock position, and see it between the large pale grease spot, and the pattern of small grease spots above it. Doesn't help that the quarter was the color of a penny...


This was a face-down 2001 quarter, one of the states varieties. North Carolina, with the Kitty Hawk and a Wright Brother. At first I thought it was unfair to only show ONE Wright Brother. Then I realized that the other one had to be flying the plane!

When I started out after buying my scratchers, I was excited to see a treat in my path:


This is before I knew about the quarter, so I was excited to see that my penny-less streak was broken.


It was a face-down 1991 penny, shining in the afternoon sun. BUT WAIT...

As I started out the exit door, I saw ANOTHER treat on the threshold!


This was a heads-up 1994 penny.


Apparently my phone camera did not like this Abe as much as the first one!
________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, June 23, fortune smiled upon Val again as she came out of Country Mart.


I made sure nobody was sitting in that truck before I parked my cart/walker and took the picture!


It was a face-down 2011 penny. Hot to the touch! I'm lucky I didn't brand my fingertips.
________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 28 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 56, 57, 58.
Dime             still at 9
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        # 3.

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Val! Your eyes are good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for COINS! Because my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune motivates me. In other news, I once mistook a sewer vent pipe for a Grecian urn, and I often think random stumps are groundhogs or beavers standing up to watch T-Hoe pass.

      Delete
  2. Even Steven didn't waste any time getting back to you after zipping downunder and gifting someone in another state (so, not me) the entire first division powerball prize. Ah well, life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously an oversight on Even Steven's part. A case of mistaken identity. At least he was in your general geographic vicinity!

      Delete