Friday, June 30, 2023

Something TOO Coincidental to be a Coincidence

Hick has been moving things out of his original SUS (Storage Unit Store). In fact, he was successfully moved out on June 10, according to the email sent to him by the owner of the facility. He took a lot of his merchandise to his SUS2, and put the rest of it in a themed shed on Shackytown Boulevard. A couple times a week, he goes out there in the afternoon to look through his stuff, like Scrooge McDuck wallowing in his gold coins.

Anyhoo... when I came home on Tuesday, June 27, I saw a lottery ticket on the kitchen table next to HIPPIE. 

"Hey! What's this ticket for?"

"I found it in my storage unit stuff."

"Why is it on the table?"

"It's a $5 winner. You can cash it in for me. Some guy used it to pay for something he bought from me. I don't remember what."

"Well. I haven't seen this ticket for a long time! It's probably expired, but I'll look it up."


Just as I suspected, that game ended on December 30, 2022. The rules said that a Missouri scratcher expires 180 days after the game ends. According to my estranged BFF Google, the 180th day after December 30, 2022 was June 28, 2023.

Seriously? Hick, in his rummaging, found this ticket the day before it expired?

I took it to town on Wednesday, and the gal at the Gas Station Chicken Store scanned it and cashed it with no problem. I got Hick one of the new tickets that came out on Monday.


Ain't it purty? My favorite color, and my favorite kind of scratcher: a multiplier. Oh, Hick's ticket was a loser. But still, he had a chance! Better than if he'd waited one extra day to find that old winner.

4 comments:

  1. Even Steven strikes again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's like finding a gift certificate that has expired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it's too late for the boys' Blockbuster gift cards!

      Delete