Thursday, June 29, 2023

Once Again, Fortune Kisses Hick Gently on the Forehead

Hick was not happy with the Senior Center lunch on Tuesday. It was tuna salad. Hick detests tuna salad. But he ate it.

"I already paid my money! Of course I ate it. Half of it, anyway. We had tuna salad, two rolls to make sandwiches, and some kind of white cake for dessert. She posts the menu the day before, but I hadn't looked at it."

Anyhoo... on Wednesday, the Senior Center had turkey and gravy, mixed vegetables, and cherry crisp for dessert. And Hick got there in time to play bingo before the meal! He sent me a text at 10:45.


"My bingo price today"

"Cute."

"Thanks"

Hick thinks he might sell his new ice cream bowls. I'm wondering what's up with the rolled-up toe-catching rubber mat on the floor next to his table! That's just waiting to break a hip!

8 comments:

  1. cute little dishes! You would think they would be more careful with rolled up rugs in a SENIOR CENTER!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think! I'm starting to suspect they have a special little area for their pampered pet, Hick, that is not accessed by the regular denizens of the Senior Center.

      Delete
  2. Norton has been sent away. It screamed as it went. My husband LLooovves tuna fish. I never ate a tuna sandwich until we moved into our student housing apartment. He moved the boxes and I made the sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good riddance to bad Norton! I love tuna salad. I can have it on a sandwich, or with crackers, or just plain.

      Delete
  3. Hick must have felt like a kid who gets a toy in his Happy Meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very cute little ice cream bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wish we had them when the boys were little. I would keep them in the cabinet next to the
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cereal bowls!

      Delete