Sunday, June 25, 2023

A Carrot on a Stick for The Pony

The Pony is looking forward to July. He has put a hold on a route in Backroads. The guy doing it now is going away for some reason I did not inquire about. He had told The Pony about his plans a while back. So The Pony got the hold, which means that route is his for the month of July. I'm not sure if the guy is coming back. Maybe not, in which case the route will be up for bid. Of course The Pony would bid on it, but he's low nag on the totem pole, the very newest of the regulars, and anybody else wanting the route would be awarded it ahead of him.

The main attraction of this route for others is the day off: MONDAY. Which would give the route-holder an actual weekend! Two days off in a row! The Pony likes that idea, but has other reasons that he likes this route.

"It has the best bathroom stops! And there's Domino's if I want lunch. This was one of the first routes I was given when I was a CCA (City Carrier Assistant), and I know it well. It is assigned a Metro, not an LLV (Long Life Vehicle). So that means it has air conditioning! A fan just doesn't cut it in the summer! This route usually gets done on time. The thing people don't like about it is that if it can't be done on time, the office rarely sends help over there. I would love to have this route, but I'm sure other people will bid on it for the day off."

It's possible that the hold could last longer. The 30 days is the minimum The Pony would have on this one. Assigning the route to someone who bids on it could possibly take longer. You know how the post office is never in too much of a hurry... 

4 comments:

  1. I will cross my fingers and hope The Pony gets it permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for the Pony! I hope his wish comes true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the very least, he will have a 30-day wish granted.

      Delete