Friday, October 30, 2020

Like When They Play With the Box on Christmas Morning

I see the glass as half-empty.
Hick sees the glass as half-full.
The Pony sees the glass as a holder of wine, to be shunned in favor of a red Solo cup.
Genius... well... Genius sees the glass as plaything to be toyed with.

It's almost Halloween, so I mailed Genius a box of treats. Candy and assorted jerky and scratcher tickets. As I packed the box that I "stole" from under the eye of the watchful minder of the dead-mouse-smelling post office, I complained to The Pony.
 
"I can't believe how small these FUN SIZE candy bars have become! They used to be the little long candy bar shape. A miniature candy bar. Then they turned into the square shape. And NOW, the squares are not even BITE SIZE! They're tiny. So little that the Snickers can only fit one letter on their wrapper, heh, heh."
 
I'm not sure The Pony was even listening. He didn't want any candy. He's been resisting my force-feedings, and the scales are rewarding him.
 
Anyhoo... Genius's package (oh, how he would hate to know that I used those two words in sequence) arrived on Thursday. I know that, because Genius sent me a picture. 


With the message: "These individual Snickers have so many possibilities."

You can take the boy out of his valedictorian setting, but you can't take the valedictorian out of the sitting boy. I guess he took a break from working at home to play with his food.

4 comments:

  1. I had some of those. Funny that they are called "minis" and not "micro minis."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What's next, a chocolate chip coated with peanut crumbs?

      Delete
  2. I'm proud of him playing with his food. With letters like those I would too. You get twice the fun that way. Although they do look tiny, those miniature snickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their paper clothing and the camera add 10 pounds! Or at least 1/10 of an ounce. They ARE very tiny when unwrapped.

      Delete