Saturday, October 24, 2020

It's Not the Size of the COIN in the Find, But the Find of the COIN in Time

Whew! I was starting to sweat it this week. 81 degrees on Thursday, then Friday morning dawned dark and dreary, 70 degrees with temps dropping to 58 by the time I left home, and 46 by the time I got back. I cooled off considerably, when I found my FIRST COIN of the week at Save A Lot.

Funny how things work out. Due to the weather, I planned to make chili on Saturday. So I wanted my ingredients handy, to stir my cauldron before I left home on Saturday. The parking at Save A Lot was NOT Val's friend. I had to go around to the opposite side of the row, because the only two empty spaces were not ample enough for T-Hoe's wide doors, which need full opening for the egress and ingress of Val's ample buttocks. And creaky knees.

Anyhoo... when I came out, the wind whipped my lovely lady-mullet all willy-nilly, but mostly into my open mouth. There was a chill in the wind. I debated whether to push my cart/walker over to the side of the building rack, or to the parking lot corral. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. My cart-walker was facing the cart corral when I closed T-Hoe's hatch, so cart corral it was.

Well! On my way there, eyes stinging with flapping lovely-lady-mullet strands, I thought I saw a dime on the ground! I squinted. Couldn't quite tell. I vowed to stop and get it on the way back to T-Hoe. With a picture and everything. If it turned out to be the foil top off a 5-Hour Energy bottle, I could throw it away. Nobody sitting in their car observing me would be any the wiser. I was not going to take a chance on missing my only coin of the week!
 
Hobbling back to T-Hoe, phone in hand, sorely missing the WALKER half of my cart/walker, I saw that there was no more doubt for my dime prospect. The lighting was perfect from this angle.
 

That's a DIME, baby! Lined up with my path from T-Hoe to cart corral. Oh, the decisions that went into putting me in that place at that time, and keeping another car from parking on top of my dime!
 

It was a heads-up 2020 dime, shiny and clean. From being new, and from the previous night's rain. Who could leave such a beauty behind? Not this old Val, that's for sure! 

Only ONE COIN this week, barely, for 10 CENTS toward Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.

_________________________________________________________________
 
2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       still at 120.
Dime         # 22.
Nickel       still at 10.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I remember the days when I could slip out of a cracked door without thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I wish I was nimble again, with a less-ample rumpus!

      Delete
  2. That one coin is enough that you don't need to look for the next nine days, although I know you will anyway. when it comes to coins, the more the merrier, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll keep looking. Finding a dime on my penny search is like finding a 10X symbol on a scratcher!

      Delete