Wednesday, October 14, 2020

He Can Bring Home the Meat of a Ponytail Guy, But I Bake It Up in the Pan

Hick separated the FREE oven-roasted chicken from its 20 lb bag, and put it into gallon ziplock bags so he could carry them over as needed to thaw for a meal for me and him and The Pony. The Pony actually did the job of carrying the chicken from the Original FRIG in the BARn, to the house for thawing in FRIG II. The Pony said the bag he brought contained a whole chicken, cut up.

I don't know what kind of chickens The Pony has been eating or cooking or hanging out with for the past four college years... but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a standard chicken with two legs, two thighs, two wings, and two breast-halves.

HICK BAGGED UP 4 LEGS, 2 THIGHS, 2 WINGS, AND 1 BREAST HALF.

I bet that fowl would have been a challenge to catch, what with running on four legs!

The Pony decided he didn't really want chicken for supper. He'd only been playing along to be polite. He opted for some of Ponytail Guy's FREE Bacon, left over from the previous evening. I coated the roasted chicken pieces with BBQ sauce, and put them in the oven for 25 minutes. Mmm...

Hick, a true leg-man, took one thigh, and four legs, to eat with the roasted potatoes/carrots/onions that we'd had with bacon the previous night. Which left me to feast on the half-breast, thigh, and two wings. Well. Kind of. The BBQy skin of the wings stuck to the bottom of the roaster pan, along with some of the meat. But I still had a plethora of tasty oven-roasted BBQ chicken. I think this is the best of all the Ponytail Guy's meat.

I guess you could say that Hick and I had the half-chicken special. Though it was more of a special-chicken half, due to Hick's questionable bagging of fowl body parts.

8 comments:

  1. Those ARE interesting chickens with four legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those might make a good pet, if you could find it before it was cooked!

      Delete
  2. Lately been watching reruns of "The Walton's" every night. The ending has me wanting to say, "Good night Pony, Good night Genius, Good night Hick, Good night Val."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have to spread your goodnights over several hours. Genius is in Pittsburgh, in your time zone, and probably starts snoozing around 10:30.

      We are an hour behind you. Hick at 10:00 our time, The Pony around 11:30, and me at 5:30 a.m. So you could probably say, "Good night Val" when your are starting your day.

      Delete
  3. It seems Hick has forgotten what a real live chook looks like, or maybe he bagged it that way on purpose so he could get a meal of all legs and thighs. You're just lucky he thought of you and put in the wings and half breast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we had 39 chickens, Hick was always planning to kill a rooster for chicken and dumplings. I guess the more he thought about it, it seemed like too much work.

      Hick first told me that this chicken was already cooked, and cut up, but in "really weird pieces." They looked perfectly normal to me.

      Hick DOES like his legs. So maybe he did that, thinking he could have more. I'm not a fan of wings, but of course I didn't want to just toss them to the dogs without gnawing on them a little myself.

      Delete
  4. My favorite grilled food is barbequed chicken breast. I might have to dig in the freezer today. Thanks for the idea. You sure you were eating chicken? Four legs? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely chicken. WAY more delicious than a Ponytail Guy's free meat has any right to be!

      Delete