Saturday, October 10, 2020

A NonCENTSical Week For Val

There was no joy in Future Pennyillionaireville this week. Penny-clenching Val has struck out. Not a single cent was left in her path, to fill her copper coffers. However...
 
NOW YOU CAN SEE VAL'S COFFERS!
 
The Pony was kind enough to photograph The Pennies, with my phone, on the back porch.
 

The Photographer Becomes the Photographed
 
Here is my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. No need for a vault just yet. The closest goblet contains pennies from March 2017 through December 2018. I didn't know where my penny-pinching journey was headed at the time I started finding them. My mom passed away in February 2015. That's when I started seeing ladybugs everywhere, reminding me of the ladybugs Mom had living in the drop-ceiling of her family room. After about a year, the ladybugs slacked off a bit, and pennies plopped themselves in my path. It took me a while to consider the phenomenon of "Pennies From Heaven." I'd been concentrating on the ladybugs...
 
The middle goblet holds my 2019 pennies, and the little plastic cup is overflowing with 2020 coins. That long board jutting out from the corner shelf might be for Hick's petard-hoisting purposes...
 
The Pony caught his shadow in this first pic, on the corner of the back porch, with the garage wall and the murky fake fish pond in the background.
____________________________________________________________________ 
********************************************************************
 

The Wide World of Val's Back Yard
 
The Pony gives us a little wider view this time. He has also highlighted the dusty nature of Val's vintage pennies. Who knew? I don't make it a habit to dust my penny collection. That side of the porch faces the land of our neighbors, Copper Jack's Human Parents. They live on the other side of that barbed wire fence tree line, across an overgrown field that Hick once caught on fire with fireworks. Don't worry. Hick stomped it out while wearing sandals. Cut his bald spot on the barbed wire going through the fence. Besides, the neighbors' daughter once almost burned down our cedar house by catching the woods on fire while burning trash. There's the side of the garage, where T-Hoe lives. And the carport out back.
____________________________________________________________________
********************************************************************


Over the Back Creek and Through the Woods, to Bev's House We Go

The Pony's other angle shows how close the woods are to our house. Down through the foliage, and over the big rocks that jut out (our retirement NEST EGG, according to Hick, who would sell them at the drop of a trucker cap to the ROCKERS who rape the land), and across the creek, and through some more woods... you will come to Back-Creek Neighbor Bev's house.
____________________________________________________________________ 
********************************************************************
 
 
One of These Things is Not Like the Others
 
The Pony got a good shot of my current penny-collector. It's the short stubby plastic container in the foreground, that once held marinara sauce from Little Caesar's. The other two goblets were bought in 2017 by Hick, in Ste. Genevieve County, as he was driving along the annual 100-mile yard sale from Bloomsdale to Jackson. He saw them on a table in a yard. Two young girls were minding the merchandise while their grandma was inside for a minute. If I remember correctly, Hick paid $2 for both of them. The one on the end is my favorite. So sturdy! The base is attractive. But I'll take ANY goblet to replace my pizza sauce 2020 receptacle.

Here's a previous post with a photo of the original penny goblet back in 2017, when I started my penny-collecting journey.

Hopefully there will be a new find by next Saturday!
__________________________________________________________________ 
******************************************************************
 
2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       still at 118.
Dime         still at 21.
Nickel       still at 10.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That chunky one appeals to me, but I like them both. I know they're actually dessert dishes and not goblets, but that's what I call them.

      Delete
  2. I love your goblets and all those trees!
    Your deck railings and that corner the goblets are standing on look like they need a good coat of feed'n'wax, they're looking dry and maybe a bit splintery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shortage of trees here! Just a shortage of goblets.

      The boards that built the deck were originally Wolmanized lumber. Of course even that treated wood won't last 23 years without maintenance! Some of the boards are twisting. A few of the porch boards have rotted and been replaced by Hick. You can tell there's stain on them, from Hick's last major project a couple years ago when he bought the pressure washer.

      He washed all the boards, making them pretty and white, then sat on that rolling stool thingy (that reminded me of Thomas Jefferson on a boot taking a crap) and painted on the stain with a brush. I don't know that any amount of stain could save it now. Those are REALLY thirsty boards.

      Delete
    2. Stain only colours the boards, does NOT add any protection from the weather at all. The wood needs feeding and coating to weather proof it.

      Delete
    3. Well, Hick probably did it just so he could use his new power washer to clean the boards first!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I never should have displayed my Pennyillionaire partial Fortune! Not with the crime we've had around here!

      Delete
  4. How I missed this post, I do not know. Anyhooo, seeing the woods and your decking, makes me want to drive by your house and plant some pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! So we can afford sealant and stain for the decking? Or so I can bend over and exercise my ample rumpus?

      Delete