Friday, May 18, 2018

THIS is Why My Rotors Can't Rest

I like to think that I'm always available for my boys, should they have questions about how to survive on their own. Like how to cook a hamburger. How to get into your locked car on the Walmart parking lot if your clicker has a dead battery. Where to find Vicks VapoRub, because there aren't any of those little jars on the pharmacy shelves.

So when The Pony sent me these pictures, I felt obligated to assist.


"Should I be concerned this was just sitting out?"

"Dang! You need to report that! Hope you didn't step in it. Wouldn't want you to lose a hoof! Is it by your door? Since you're in university housing, I would think that could leave them open to a lawsuit. What if a visiting toddler got into it?"


"It's labeled CORROSIVE. It was sitting outside when I went to get the laptop, gone when I got back."

"Oh, no! They contaminated your living quarters! Probably had a clogged drain somewhere."

I showed Hick the picture, and he said it was chlorine. Although the bucket says CONTAINS SODIUM HYDROXIDE. Hick wasn't so much worried about The Pony stepping in it as he was with him breathing it.

You can bet either one of us would have been on the phone to the apartment complex office, asking why this leaking corrosive was sitting outside our apartment. I guess kids these days are so used to being bubble-wrapped and protected, they don't think anything dangerous would be left out in the open like that.

At least The Pony knows that CORROSIVE is usually not a good thing. And called for advice.

8 comments:

  1. You taught him well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never tried to drink poison from under the sink, so it seems that I did!

      Delete
  2. Corrosive and the accompanying picture is kind of a red flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not like he was splashing around in it for fun. But I'd have thought he might report it to the apartment clubhouse without having to ask.

      Delete
  3. It may say corrosive on the bucket but is it really a corrosive substance? Or a bucket that someone rinsed out with water? We may never know, but I hope it was the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure it's the real thing. Hick thinks it might have been used to do something to the apartment complex hot tub. However, since The Pony is on the 3rd floor, not near the ground level hot tub, I'm thinking it was a clogged drain somewhere up there.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Good thing The Pony didn't damage a hoof, or my helicopter would have been speeding over there to demand retribution!

      Delete