Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Patrons, Don't Let Your Paintings Grow Old Locked in Storage

Okay, all you fine-art aficionados, here are the other masterpieces that Hick found in his newest storage unit acquisition.

You might remember Hick's penchant for taking photos with a tiny subject in the center, and way too much surroundings surrounding it. I guess he did a little better this time, but apparently, he does not know that you can tap the screen on your phone and FOCUS on the important part. I had asked for another set of painting pictures, but the second batch was worse than the first, except maybe the horsie. Oh, and he included a new one that he'd not even mentioned. Here they are, with as much as I know about them.


This is a Thomas Kinkade, "A New Day Dawning." It looks to have been professionally framed. I think Walmart sells them. I've seen them listed between $15 and $225. I can't zoom in to read what's in the box or on that label, because Hick lacks focus.


This is a black velvet painting signed by the Mexican black-velvet-painter "Ortiz." Hick said it's labeled "Stallion." Or maybe that's just what he called it, though I'd think in Hick terminology it would be, "I've got me a horse." I think I saw it listed somewhere for $75, but I'm getting kind of foggy on my painting-search memory.


Hick says this one is signed "Alberta," but to me it looks more like Abberta. Or else the signer momentarily forgot how to spell their own name. I couldn't find anything like this one. Maybe it was painted by the previous owner of the storage unit.


I don't know anything about this one. No signature. Nothing. It's a river with nice lighting, and a shed being built or falling apart.



This one appeared for the first time today. I haven't had a chance to ask Hick anything about it. At first glance, I found it creepy, like a skull in a bathing suit. But when I zoomed in, I saw a woman. This also looks like a velvet painting.

As you might notice, Hick has spared no expense in his art gallery. Tasteful tubs support his priceless (currently) works of art. He'll know more next Tuesday, when he takes them to the city to be appraised.

8 comments:

  1. Kinkade used to be very hot. He had his own stores in malls all over. I think he may have over supplied and cut the demand, but they are a nice style, I'm sure Hick will do well with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ex-mayor my sister's husband says he likes it. And that "It would make a nice gift for someone you are fond of."

      I said I didn't think he was on The Veteran's (half-owner) gift list. Not even for a re-gifted Label Baby Junior.

      Delete
  2. I like that one with the river and derelict shed. It's a good thing I can't buy it, I don't have artwork, only photos of family everywhere. Artwork wouldn't suit at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you like the one with the RIVER!

      We don't have any artwork except the ones painted by Hick's old bartender friend (a woman, of course) at his old neighborhood bar. There's one with a deer and an old shed in snow. I don't remember the other.

      Delete
  3. Your Hick may be into fine art$ and Kodner Gallery does free appraisals!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's planning to go to Kodner (knows about them due to Antiques Road Show) after he tries Selkirk, which has the last-Tuesday walk-in free appraisals. Kodner will buy them, but Selkirk will only list them for auction.

      Delete
    2. I knew Hick knows stuff! Expect to see him on that show soon, can he say Yuuuuup!?

      Delete
    3. I'm pretty sure he CAN say Yuuuup! I just don't know if he would. He is shocked at the prices they pay for the units on that show.

      He's always saying, "Sure, they say that's what they think the stuff is worth, but how often does somebody PAY that for it?" That's during the part where they go through the lockers, and toss things aside, and say what they'll get for them.

      Delete