Monday, January 15, 2018

Auction Hick One Zero Six

Hick went crazy at the auction a couple weeks ago. He bought a whole lot. And by that, I don't just mean many items. He bought the whole kit 'n' caboodle of one seller. It was on Saturday, January 6. Just in case anybody is trying to figure out the title. Which is probably unfair to blog buddy River, since I'm pretty sure they don't put the month first in the date.


I think I know where my Christmas hat came from! He'd bought a bunch of hats before this auction, singularly, and showed me some for the grandkids. I suppose these are ones that didn't sell alone. He also says some of those packages contain FISHING GLOVES! Never heard of such a thing. Maybe they're for cold climates. Or for catfish "noodlers" to wear!


On top are two chairs, I think he said. That fold up in a case, like for hiking. I've zoomed in, but don't remember everything Hick was babbling about. There are three pairs of new shoes here, on the bottom shelf. Tennies and two pair of  "flippers," as he calls them, which are what we used to call "thongs," the weird kind back then that didn't go between your toes, but are called "slides" these days, and not considered weird. Plenty of Gain laundry detergent there, and Snuggle fabric softener sheets, and Lysol toilet cleaner. Hick's going to be clean, and well-shod, I guess, with no static cling.


He's got shoes for kicking butt, and notebooks for taking names! And a couple of canes to balance himself in case he hurts his butt-leg area again, like he did that one time at the auction.


With plenty of appliances to make give him more time for doing both. I sure he wants to keep that hot dog spiraler thing for himself! That stuff on the right is just some of his nails and screws. he took these pictures after he unloaded his treasures in the BARn.

Hick also saw these frames last week at a local church store, but Mabel is not interested. These are wood. They are marked $30, so Hick said to send Mabel a picture first, because he thought that was a little high. Sometimes he'll go ahead and buy stuff anyway, if he thinks he can make a profit re-selling them at his Storage Unit Store. This time, he did not think they would sell for that.


Hick said these frames have been sitting there for months, and he never sees anybody looking at them. Then he want back there the next day, when I heard from Mabel, and said there was a lady picking them up and asking about them. She put them down, though, and said to the person running the place, "Don't you think $30 is a little high?"

Anyhoo...Hick bought all that stuff in the first four pictures for $75. He thinks he can get double that when he starts selling out of his Storage Unit Store again, when the weather warms up. Or he might take them to a different auction and sell them.

It keeps him off the street. But more importantly, it keeps him out of the house.

18 comments:

  1. "..keeps him out of the house." The key to this blog post. You are a sly one, VtV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Doughnuts! What a bargain! I'd pick up a crate of notebooks too if I had the chance. I like having a huge supply of writing paper. Usually, here, I wait until the back to school sales start and often pick up 96 or 128 page exercise books for about 10-15 cents each. If they're ten cents, that's 20 for only two dollars. I remember when the grandkids were very young, I'd buy 100 and they'd use them for drawing.
    Is that a stoneware pudding/souffle bowl above the mittens in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that with office supplies, but had no idea that Hick was into notebooks. He carried on about them, barely mentioning that tattoo book on top.

      I'll have to ask about that treasure above the mittens, and report back.

      Delete
    2. According to Hick, it's just a cardboard box.

      Delete
  3. P.S. I like those frames, but agree $30 each is too much even though they are wood. $30 for the pair is reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to be misleading. It actually IS $30 for the pair, but that is too much for church store/auction/Goodwill frames.

      I am fascinated by their look, and have zoomed in to see the detail a couple of times, but I don't have anything that needs framing, nor $30 I'm willing to part with.

      Delete
    2. Have Hick advertise them as solid oak (or whatever wood they are) antiques. He'll get his $30.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's perfect! I might have to steal it. Like I stole Sioux's "Little Barbershop of Horrors" for one of the first structure in Hick's Shackytown.

      Delete
  5. I can't understand why you want Hick out of the house...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say no more! I'll send him to yours, in an effort to foster understanding of the Hick mystique.

      Delete
  6. I think Hick will come out good on his investment, you know that he could stay home and sell the stuff from Hicks Online Store...I know Shhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double SHHHHH! Hick hasn't mentioned his online store in a while, and I'm having second thoughts about agreeing to run it for a 20% cut of the action.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It would be great if he could get his own show with that title. He's no Dr. Pimple Popper, but I think somebody would watch his wheeling and dealing. I'm all for a new career, as long as it keeps him busy for 40+ hours per week.

      Delete
  8. I am amazed at how organized everything is. If he's in it for the long haul he will turn a profit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Hick plans to stick with his "Hickmart" (TM joeh) for a while. He even paid three months rent on the storage locker over the winter. He was getting excited about his sales back in November when he opened. Then the weather turned, but he's still optimistic for spring and summer.

      It's not that far! Once the flea market season gets in full swing, you might want to make a trip down here! Hick is barely off the highway. I can't guarantee that he'd give you any bargains, but there are other sellers, and they even have a Port-A-Potty!

      Delete