Saturday, August 6, 2016

One Chip 90

It's no secret that my Sweet Baboo sends me emails throughout the day. Emails when one would suppose that he is working hard for the money. One knows what happens when one assumes. Lucky for one (and for Val her own self) that usually Val's Sweet Baboo, Hick, makes himself the butt of most assumptions.

Yes, yesterday I received a cryptic message from Hick. It came in by email, not by text. So I knew it was something special! Not meant for just anybody non-driving-texter-Val tossed her phone (still not disinfected after its toilet swim) for reply purposes, to peruse for hot love messages between Val and her Sweet Baboo. Not that anyone would WANT to do such a thing, of course. That would require more bleach for one's brain than a gross of toilet-bobbing phones.

I surreptitiously checked over my shoulder to make sure The Pony wasn't within eyeshot. Then I opened that email. The afternoon delight email that was titled ONE CHIP 90. Hmm...what could that be about? Well. The answer was just a mouse click away.


How romantic! My Sweet Baboo had sent me a snapshot of snack food. Huh. I didn't recall any special significance enjoyed by chips during our courtship or subsequent ball-and-chaining ceremony. No cute stories involving chips as a delicacy during pregnancy cravings.

We don't even eat that many chips around here. Just The Pony. And this photo showed me no new flavors that I might be wont to purchase and sample as a novelty. Not even a good picture! All blurry and such. I resisted the urge to get right on my toilet phone and send Hick a text. I waited until he got home, having taken off for an 11:30 doctor's appointment, with no intention of going back. I don't know what's with that guy. He acts like he's got 12 vacation days left to last him until December retirement!

"What's with the picture of the vending machine?"

"I saw that one chip in there--"

"WAIT! You were supposed to be fasting for that appointment."

"I was. I didn't EAT the chip. Look at it. One chip."

"Oh. I couldn't see that when I opened the email on my phone."

"It was at work, in the break room. I wasn't even in there, but the cleaning lady called me to look at it. She wanted to make sure someone else saw it. I said, 'My wife puts out stuff like this all the time.' And I took a picture. She was happy, because she wanted other people to appreciate it. ONE CHIP in that slot. For 90 cents."

You heard him, people. Appreciate it!

15 comments:

  1. I thought that chip was on the package behind it. Now I understand it was a free standing chip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. All ready to be pushed forward and dropped into the trough below. Good eatin'! Bad spendin'!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Are you looking at it on a phone? Or did you sit on your glasses and Mrs. Cranky hasn't driven you to get another pair?

      I didn't see that single chip laying at the edge of section 112 until I looked on my big New Delly monitor.

      Or maybe you just don't get that sweet nothing that Hick's fingers typed into my email: One Chip 90. That's a good thing if you don't understand Hick's motives.

      Delete
    2. fishducky beat you to the double vision!

      Delete
  3. I don't see that single chip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top row, over the 112, in between those metal loops.

      Delete
    2. I see them both now!!

      Delete
    3. Dashing the hopes of money-grubbing optometrists in your area!

      Delete
  4. HEY EVERYBODY! Look to the far left, top row, behind the Cheez-Its! I think it's ANOTHER rogue chip. Must be a bonus with purchase of Cheez-Its. I'm surprised Hick didn't dwell on the bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously the runaway chip behind the Cheez-Its is a bit shy. Or maybe it's hiding and waiting for the perfect moment to make a break for it.

    The cleaning lady at Hick's work is the exact opposite of The Pony. She is desperate to help others (enjoy life). She goes out of her way to share. I think The Pony needs to shadow her for a few days--before he heads to college--so some of her helpfulness soaks into his being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe it wants a post all about its own self, after that camera-hoggy bag of Cheez-Its takes the plunge.

      The Pony also needs for some knowledge of cleaning to soak into his being.

      Delete
  6. So sweet that he thought of you and your blog. Romance is in the air. I see the first chip AND the second one as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would see them. You are bargain-minded, and would for sure notice a single chip asking for 90 cents, or a FREE CHIP with the purchase of Cheez-Its.

      Delete