Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cat's In the Cradle of the Junk Tycoon

This is a travel day for Thevictorians. I am assuming we will arrive safe and sound, me with The Pony in his Rogue, and Hick in my Acadia with his own gaseous emissions. That second one could be a solution for a game of CLUE! Though it would be a terrible way to expire.

So, since The Pony and I want to watch our last episode of Big Brother together at 7:00, at the Holiday Inn Express, before he moves into his dorm on Thursday between 1:00 and 2:00...I have scheduled this little tale of Hick's excesses for you this evening.

On Sunday as I headed for the garage, I noticed a new bit of other people's junk on our side porch. It was still there mid-morning on Monday, when I left the homestead to head back to work, oh, wait a minute, I'm NEVER going back to work to go to town for my 44 oz Diet Coke. And, just like on Sunday, this new bit of other people's junk had an occupant!


Oh, it may look like a soiled fake-sheep-skin foot warmer/vibrator. But it's really our cat, Simba. The one who almost lost his eye in a fight with some unknown critter. The cat Hick nursed back to health by chasing him with a puff-powder bottle of cat eye medicine. Like he said, "The first time was easy." The rest, not so much.

I'm sure Hick would be touched that Simba is using his $3 Goodwill shoeshine box as a crib. Or not. Because Hick must be slipping. When I asked what this new bit of other people's junk WAS, he said, "Just a stool."

Hick must have heard me bantering with The Pony, who was relaying my interrogation up the stairs while I remained ensconced on my rolly chair in front of New Delly in my dark basement lair. Because I heard Hick yell, "Well, they had it labeled as a shoeshine box!" Like Hick doesn't know a shoeshine box from a stool! There must have been at least five or six episodes of Antiques Roadshow about one, after all these years. So I don't know why Hick was holding out on me as to what this new bit of other people's junk is.

The only thing I could say for sure, though, is that this new bit of other people's junk sure looks like it's good for a catnap.

8 comments:

  1. A little Chapin, a little laugh
    Your next few months, you do the math
    They're really dwindling,
    Then you'll be weeping
    'Cause you're playin' hooky. (with Hick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a cat I'd turn the other way and stretch out. Simba doesn't look comfortable, but cats don't do much that isn't comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cats always look like contortionists. Like they have no bones.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a shoe shine box to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't know WHAT Hick was trying to pull, pretending it was just a stool. Maybe he wanted me to step on it, and come crashing down, so he could take off work to help me through my convalescence!

      Delete
  4. Cats will enter anything that looks new and box-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats will enter anything, especially if they sense that you don't want them on it!

      Delete