Wednesday, May 4, 2016

You Really Don't Want to See Slides From Hick's Trip to France

I don't want yesterday's post to leave you thinking that our Hick only took pictures of the airport while he was in France. No sirree, Bob! Hick knew that he was only in France for 10 days 6 days. And would probably never have a chance to go back, what with his retirement coming up in December. So he did what any business traveler would do, when gifted with a working vacation in an exotic location...and took pictures of his hotel.

Oh, not the OUTSIDE of his hotel. To show architecture, or progress, or tourist attractions. Nope. Hick took pictures of the INSIDE of his hotel.

Gavarnie Falls...oops! Nope. It's Hick's shower.


The Prehistoric Cave Paintings in Lascaux...oops! Nope. That's a picture hanging in Hick's hotel.


Lake Geneva...oops! Nope. That's just Hick's toilet. No swimming here.


Yeah. Go figure. Nothing says, "France" like a bathtub, a bed, and a toilet.

The apple does not fall far from the tree. (Oh, if I'd only seen pictures of apples from a market, perhaps, or trees from the French countryside. But no.) The Pony is definitely his father's son. He sent me pictures from his future engineer camp last summer as requested. I wanted to see where he stayed on campus, and what they did on their project that the teams built in competition. He sent me three pictures. Of cartoon murals on the walls of a pedestrian tunnel and dorm. Close-up. Of characters I'd never heard of.

I don't know what these guys think I want pictures for. I suppose I'm lucky I didn't get screen shots of pr0n off the TV. From both of them.

It's pretty safe to say that Hick will never become a famous travel blogger.

12 comments:

  1. Maybe he'll become a famous bathroom blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe he'll become an infamous bathroom clogger!

      Delete
  2. Where's the bidet? I was wondering what Hick would do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For all I know, Hick dismantled the bidet and is shipping it back with that machine so he can put a "drinking fountain" in the BARn.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Maybe Hick was sent there to spy on that hotel in order to track down an international bidet theft ring.

      Delete
  4. You know how some people take pictures of barns?aye Hick's specialty is johns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? Hick is following in the footsteps of Madam? I see she has not commented. Probably trying to fly under the radar.

      Delete
  5. Ansel Adams, he's not!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grizzly Adams, maybe. But afraid of bears, thus the hotel stay.

      Delete
  6. Why, I thought he was ALREADY an infamous bathroom clogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! You seem to know just a little too much about Hick, don't you now, Madam? Could it be that you've been teaching him how to make johns his specialty?

      Delete