Monday, February 15, 2016

Val's Super Nachos

I know you've been salivating since the first mention of my Super Nachos. So, being the giver that I am, I'm sharing my recipe. Not that it's complicated. A college kid could make them after a plethora of red Solo cup beverages. I've even included a pictorial.




















For those of you who may be health-conscious, let the record show that the ingredients are high in sodium. Val will not be held responsible if, after eating Val's Super Nachos, one of you has your car rammed by a deer trying to get in to find the salt lick.

Here's a breakdown of the caloric information:

10 restaurant style tortilla chips - 200 calories
1/2 an 8 oz bag of shredded lettuce - 15 calories
4 tbsp queso cheese dip (warmed) - 80 calories
1 shredded boneless skinless chicken breast - 150 calories
4 tbsp Senora Verde Salsa - 20 calories
1/2 a 2.5 oz can of sliced black olives - 50 calories

So the total is 515 calories in the whole plate of Val's Super Nachos. You can share them (yeah, right, like that's going to happen around Val's house) if you want, or make a meal of them.

Yum, yum! Gotta get you some!

It's basically a big salad, really. Just a pile of lettuce and a little pretend-cheese and proteiny chicken and spicy salsa and some black olives, with 10 chips instead of croutons. You could add sour cream if you like, or sprinkle on some shredded cheddar. But Val takes her Super Nachos straight.

You may not want to consume these in the presence of judging eyes. They are quite messy to eat. You might want a dropcloth for the floor, and a haircutter's cape for your body, especially if you are voluptuous and don't want bits of your meal resting on your built-in shelf.

Val's Super Nachos. They're real, and they're spectacular! Make sure to give Val credit.


16 comments:

  1. Should I fall into them to make sure they ARE real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh. Do NOT make my Super Nachos mad at me! Or I swear I will tell the Chinese restaurant delivery guy that you don't really live in that custodian's closet, but are only using the address to order the Supreme Flounder.

      Delete
  2. Looks good, I'll have to cover them with a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the pictures would work their magic. Even a bad picture of a Super Nacho is a good picture.

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy! HeWho is a big fan of tacos. He would eat them every night. I usually end up eating my tacos the way you eat your nachos, but with sour cream ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each his own! But would HeWho prepare them for himself? I'm willing to wager that it's too many steps> I know it is for Hick. A six-month old hot dog is much easier to grab.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Exactly! Val's Super Nachos are practically a health food!

      Delete
  6. Are these as good as Kenny Rogers fried chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll find out as soon as I put up a neon sign to advertise them.

      Delete
  7. They look delicious (although I'd probably take mine with cheese and sour cream too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll call those LOADED Val's Super Nachos. On second thought, maybe it should be Val's LOADED Super Nachos...

      Delete
  8. Now you've gone and done it. I am heading to Qdoba. Did you ever think you could supply Hick's cohorts with lunch after you retire, charge them enough to buy your chicken and diet Cokes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Qdoba owes me a finder's fee!

      Maybe I could have Hick make me a food wagon, to set up outside his Little Barbershop of Horrors.

      Delete