Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Tomb of the Well-Known Hair Lengthener

Blog buddy Sioux is hosting Back-of-the-Book Blurb Friday. I have 150 words to entice you to buy my fake book. You WILL fakely buy my fake book! If you know what's good for you...and I ain't fakin'!

You realize, of course, that 150 words is like torture to Val. She might as well try typing with nine fingers tied behind her back. In addition, Val is a stranger to fiction. After all, her life is stranger than fiction. So please take the following effort with a grain of sand...



The Tomb of the Well-Known Hair Lengthener


Sal Thethicktorian is hot on the trail of a killer. A killer whose recent actions embody the feelings Sal chokes down in the form of gas station chicken and 44 oz. Diet Cokes.

The latest body, discovered at the beach, encased in a human sand castle, was Sal's very own hairdresser. Though the victim herself had a pixie cut, the killer went to great lengths to give the burial mound a flowing waterfall of tresses. A tribute, perhaps, to her uncanny and unappreciated ability to make the client's hair LONGER after the cut.

Sal must decipher clues from the tomb to protect the next target. Bearded lady with the traveling circus? Jewelry designer of large-scale bling? Elderly proprietor of the Tick Tock Shop? Owner of the All Christmas All the Time Shadow Box Store? Local locksmith? And what about that missing pinky finger?

Can Sal solve the case in time?

16 comments:

  1. Ah, I am reading after I posted my own book blurb and I also named my character Sal! But I love your idea of a killer burying in a sand castle. How original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, perhaps, you are more creative than I. Or else you might have called your character "Sookie."

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And a way to get revenge on my hair-lengthener.

      Delete
  3. Looks like too many clues sifting through the sands of time. Most likely a pyramid scheme to sell fake books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're off to a good start with this. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can limit myself to 150 words every week.

      Delete
  5. Col. Mustard in the library with the candlestick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he committed the murder quietly. Wouldn't want to break any library rules, you know.

      Delete
  6. Can Sal solve the case in time? Probably not!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or there goes my A-Z series of murder mysteries featuring Sal Thethicktorian! Not that I'm a plagiarist or anything...

      Delete
  7. This is an extremely gritty plot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Geez, I had to scroll and scroll in order to find this... ha and yes, I can see how this 150 word thing will be quite a challenge for you! I'll have to catch up on your other blogs later....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You snooze (or do something worthwhile with your time), you lose around the unbagged cathouse!

      Delete