Saturday, February 20, 2016

Back-of-the-Book Blurb Friday #2

Blog buddy Sioux is hosting Back-of-the-Book Blurb Friday. I have 150 words to entice you to buy my fake book. Save your change. Give up those dirty-water cocktails, those trips to the $1 movie theater, those hobby supplies. Drink leftover water, watch broadcast TV, paint with berry juice. You know you can scrape up enough money to fake-buy Val's fake book.


Blue How Are Ya

Sal Thethicktorian's boss, Goo Rant, appreciating Sal's derring-do, while at the same time hating her spunk, gives her a 55-year-old cold case. Missing person. No body. No suspect.

While Goo props up his feet and pours a double shot of desk-whiskey, lamenting that he will not be invited to one of Sal's dinner parties to enjoy three servings of Veal Prince Orloff this week...Sal jets off to Hawaii to track down some leads.

Sal discovers that Diala Moveall was last seen in the company of Pelvis Messily, an army veteran known for bursting into song, who couldn't help falling in love with her. Rumor has it that Pelvis was called for active duty on the day he planned to propose to Diala at the blue cottage at the end of the island.

Is nursing-home-bound Pelvis only pretending to have Alzheimer's? What will Sal find at the cottage? (147 words)

12 comments:

  1. Yes; that's the question everyone wants answered--what will Sal find at the cottage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...that hand has to be attached to SOMETHING!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a Lifetime movie plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might as well raise a dirty-water cocktail in cheers. I am not worthy of such a toast, however.

      And speaking of "cheers," one of my favorite Lifetime movies is "Tick Tock," (made in 2000), which has Cliff Clavin himself, John Ratzenberger, in a supporting role. It's on pretty often, but Lifetime calls it "A Friendship to Die For." It's really cheesy, but has a lot of twists, which reeled me in.

      It also stars the bad-attitude reception desk gal, Randi, from ER.

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169324/

      Delete
  3. I'm sure your fake-book is full of real twists and turns.

    Thanks for playing! Some day, it will be your REAL book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it's not. As you will see below...

      Delete
  4. Will your fake book have real words in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dagnabit! There's always someone to throw a monkey wrench into my get-rich-quick scheme!

      NO. My fake book does not have real words. (I assume you mean REAL real words, not just words other than the ones I make up to suit myself.)

      In fact, you could use my fake book as your real journal. Nobody would be sniffin' through those blank pages, expecting to see your innermost thoughts. They would think it was a real book, and avoid it like the plague.

      I can market it like those fake rocks to hide house keys in. A fake book to use as a journal. Just put it back on the shelf of your study (channeling Ward Cleaver here) and it will remain unmolested.

      Delete
  5. Intriguing - I might have a go at this myself ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sioux has the picture up for next week...go for it!

      Delete
  6. You are a character with all those fake-character names. I love them. My names are so dull. If anyone could write this fake-piece, you can. Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My character names reflect my sorry lack of creativity. Thank you for believing in my fakeness.

      Delete