Monday, February 8, 2016

The Pony's Sliced Package

Just in case you were wondering...The Pony's grocery packaging selection streak remains alive.


Uh huh. That's not a decorative crescent moon on the back of these Triscuits, but rather a significant slice from the stock boy's box-cutter. Let the record show that it was a case of no harm, no foul, because the bag inside containing the Triscuits was not damaged. That I know of. Because I only ate four before I figured out that they were not my coveted Roasted Garlic Triscuits, but instead Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits, an abomination to Triscuithood. Actually, I ate three before I knew, but then, why let a Triscuit already out of the box go to waste, even though you find it abhorrent and repulsive?

I hope the chickens like Rosemary & Olive Oil.

Sorry if the title tricked you. All of you cruising past the scene of this accident, wondering how many stitches were needed to repair The Pony's package. There is no truth to the rumor that Val was found holding the contents in the middle of Little Caesar's.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad The Pony's package (hee hee) remains intact!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are the newest member of the 13-Year-Old-Self Club formed by Val and Joe H. We are waiving your membership fee because you are a loyal commenter and reliable laugh-provider.

      Delete
  2. You're teasing your followers just like the news channels tease their viewers, promising something enticing... if they only will tune in at 10:00.

    Your followers are rough bunch--I know some of them. Don't get them riled up, or you'll be sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think of myself as a TV meteorologist, getting paid no matter the accuracy of the forecast I provide, as long as I make it sensational to bring in viewers.

      Yeah, yeah...what are they gonna do, shake their cane at me and tell me to get off their lawn? Now if they plan to throw off their shawl and chase me with their tennis-ball-footed walker, I might worry. Because I know they can outrun me like a squad of angry Rascal-riders chasing George Costanza.

      Delete
  3. I never liked Triscuits but my college roommate was addicted to them and ate them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my college roommates was addicted to chocolate Frosty Malts. Every evening, she showered off accumulated dust from sanding the paint off automobiles in a body shop, and walked down the street to grab one out of the freezer case at the Git-N-Go. Make that three, because of course the other roommate and I could not turn down her offer to pick one up for us, too.

      Delete
  4. I knew what the title meant right from the git go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's because you are not only the vice president of the 13-Year-Old-Self Club, but also a member. Heh, heh.

      Delete
  5. I tried that flavor, too. I love rosemary, but found the crackers to be a little off. I ended up putting a lot of cheese on them and HeWho scoffed them up. He will eat anything as long as I smother it in cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony is like that with ketchup, but I don't think I could sneak the Triscuits by him.

      Delete
  6. Wheat Thins. Now THAT is a tasty cracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're too small to put stuff on. Like those darned immature Cheez-Its! Though one would think that Cheez-Its would be the official cracker of the 13-Year-Old-Self Club...

      Delete
  7. Oh yes! The garlic flavored with spinach artichoke dip...a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach artichoke dip? What are you, some kind of Grey Poupon gourmet?

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho61-oaU6wo

      Delete