Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Think Genius is Heartless? I Assure You, He is Not.

My birthday was last week, and The Pony's was four days later. On my birthday itself, Genius sent a text.

"Happy Birthday! I am about to mail your card, and The Pony's. I got my Valentine's package last night."

"Thank you. I didn't know how long your package would take."

"Don't think I didn't notice that my Conversation Hearts came in a pack of five, but you took two away!"

"Or, if you look at it through your eagle-blue eyes rather than your green-with-jealousy eyes, I gave my beloved son Genius three, and my also-loved son The Pony two."

"Lol. The jerky and Dove are my favorite two."

"Furthermore, I bought the jerky for your dad, but saw it as I was packing your package, and decided you were more deserving."

"Hooray!"

Let the record show that I bought more jerky for Hick, and that The Pony did not make one comment about only having two boxes of Tart Conversation Hearts. It's not like he's going to use them to start conversations, you know.

It's not like Genius was missing out on his sugar allotment for the next six months. His package included a Russell Stover heart full of chocolates, a Dove heart full of chocolates, three boxes of Tart Conversation Hearts, a bag of Teriyaki Beef Jerky, and half a bag of assorted Baby Ruth/Butterfinger/Crunch mini candy bars.

I can't believe he accused me of holding out on the Tart Hearts!

12 comments:

  1. That's a lot of sugar you're sending. I don't recall receiving care packages from my parents when I went off to college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of sugar? Well, it's against the law to mail alcohol...

      Delete
  2. As I recall, when a care package was received in college, protocol it was for it to be spread around to less fortunate students, so those two boxes you didn't send was more like only one box, and since college students are such mooching animals it is really like just a half a box, and because college students are so sloppy and waste so much it like you didn't really not send them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius DID make the comment, "We are enjoying the candy." Since he's not conjoined, I take that to mean it is being shared with his three housemates and assorted visitors.

      Delete
  3. That kid made out like a bandit. I am taking/have taken some college classes in the last twenty years, and I could certainly use a care package as well.

    What would you put in MY care package?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...perhaps some pickled pigs feet and deer chili? Bon appetit!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Overindulged college kid? Why not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't stay college age long. Might as well spoil them while you can.

      Delete
  5. You're all heart Val - I hope your card arrived eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh. TWO hearts! Yes, I got my card on Saturday, two days after my birthday. And strangely enough, there was NO MONEY in it! The Pony's card arrived the same day, two days before his birthday. And he got cash! It's the thought that counts, I guess, for the person who raised you and loves you more than anybody else ever will.

      Delete
  6. You're a good mommy, in spite of yourself!

    ReplyDelete