Thursday, January 16, 2014

Like a Psychic, But Not

I'm not sure what's going on over my head right now. One thing is for certain: it is NOT supernatural.

It sounds like Hick is having a rodeo in the master bathroom. There's the frantic thud of his man-hooves, and some scrabbling of another kind on the forest-green glazed tile. I certainly hope a vent fan light mouse did not set up residence without my knowledge, catch Hick's attention, fall out upon further investigation, and cavort with cartoon cuteness about the facilities before being dispatched by Hick's bare hands. He probably just dropped something like a pill bottle that skittered across the floor, then he kicked it, then his glasses fell off...living with him is like giving a mouse a lifetime supply of cookies.

I have no idea what he's up to. But I have an idea how I will spend my plan time tomorrow at school. I had a message from my insurance company on the home phone this evening. Perhaps you remember them: Banishment Well-Being Concern. Maybe I should have said that I had a message from the insurance company who swears they are not my primary. Like I fork out my own personal cash to have them on retainer, just for fun, never expecting them to pay for anything, even though claim after claim is submitted by lab, doctor, and pharmacy, and my workplace insurance rep has had her people on the inside browbeat them repeatedly until they coughed up coverage for my prescriptions. My employer is taking a beating by paying these premiums for nothing.

I can't wait to see what angle they will take now. I have to gather my trunk full of correspondence, and write down my reference number and the names of the three people I have talked to since December 20, all to no avail, because Banishment Well-Being Concern continues to deny that they are responsible for any claims. I never thought I'd have to prove that I DON'T have coverage with a specific insurance company in order to get my rightful, employer-provided policy to pay. Oh, and I'll have to take my old pair of bifocals, because I'm sure I will have to read off a bunch of tiny phone numbers from those cards I have for insurance that doesn't cover me. The new bifocals are still not satisfactory for extreme close-ups.

They're probably closed on Friday.

6 comments:

  1. I am confused...is your insurance not paying because they say you are covered by another company but you are not covered by that company and you have to prove it? I would ask your insurance to prove that you are covered somewhere else and then take legal action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those folks must live on the river Denial...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the bifocals. Take a pair of scissors to cut through their cra*p, I mean red tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bifocals still not right ...... that would drive me crazy! And then I would take out my frustration on the insurance company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Hick is having a rodeo in the master bedroom, I suggest you get in there, Little Doggie!" Wait a minute; i read that wrong--you wrote master bathroom. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. joeh,
    You are correct, sir. How can I prove that I'm NOT covered by an insurance company? I agree that the burden of proof should be on those who are paid by my employer to insure me, yet refuse! I have contacted our company insurance rep to do the heavy lifting.

    ******
    Sioux,
    Where they are lolling about on rafts with drinkholders, sipping intoxicating beverages, and putting me on hold while snickering behind their hands.

    ******
    Linda,
    I am being steered down a new rabbit trail every time I call them. Each time I ask for a name, they nervously give it, then say, "BUT ANYBODY CAN TAKE THE INFORMATION!"

    *****
    Kathy,
    Maybe I can catch them all in one place on their neon-colored rafts, and shine a bifocaled ray of sunlight on them, thus igniting their drinks. I must make sure they don't get them in New Jersey, though, because dirty water does not flame up as satisfactorily as alcohol.

    ******
    Stephen,
    Yeah. Nobody really wants to be in the bathroom when Hick is in there. Or very soon afterwards.

    ReplyDelete