Thursday, February 7, 2013

Not-Heaven Hath No Fury Like a Boy with a Damaged Package

Genius was having issues with his package last night.

He came to my dark basement lair for a consultation. And I with a shingle not even hung on my nonexistent door. "Did you or The Pony see my package when you got home?"

"No. I did not see your package. I'm sure The Pony would have mentioned it if he noticed. Or grabbed it on the way from the garage to the house. Your package would stick out like a sore thumb. It's not like we wouldn't see it."

"Well, I can't find my package. I looked everywhere! It's not by the door. It's not on the front porch. It's not on top of the doghouse on the back porch. It's not in the garage. My package is missing!"

"I don't know what to tell you. Did your dad have his dentist appointment today? Maybe he came home early and saw your package laying on the front porch and put it in his car. Here. I'll call him. Did you see Genius's package? All right. Just checking. He's preoccupied with his package tonight. Dad has no information on your package."

"FedEx says they left it here at 12:30. I hope those dogs didn't eat my package! I didn't see any bits of it in the front yard like when they ate Dad's Case Collector Knife. I am going to call FedEx and give them a piece of my mind! I think they are lying, and still have my package on their truck like that one time."

"Check one more time before you make a scene."

Off Genius went to the porch and garage. I didn't hear anything else from him. Hick arrived. Doors opened and slammed willy-nilly. I sent The Pony to inquire about Genius's precious package. Genius stomped downstairs to fill me in.

"I called FedEx and they said they left it in the garage. I told them it wasn't in the garage. They said they put it through the cat door. I went outside and saw that they had shoved it in the cat door, and Dad ran over it when he pulled into the garage. Idiots!"

"Is your package damaged? Can you still use it?"

"It was just photo paper. The box is crunched, but there's not much you can do to a stack of paper. Oh. And FedEx broke the cat door."

Where the FedEx man stuffed Genius's package:

 Where should the FedEx man have gently laid Genius's package? Inside the green door. There's a brick sidewalk showing the way.



FedEx might as well run a tab, after the yard trench debacle and offer of landscaping services. Do you know what happens when a country cat door is broken? Possum infestation. Possums LOVE dry cat food left in an old roasting pan alternately freezing and baking in an accessible garage.

If that dog-fearing FedEx man thought he was scared seeing cat eyes peering back at him when he used the proper door...wait until a possum hisses at him from the depths of the dark garage.

7 comments:

  1. I'm smiling imagining that FedEx man confronting a hissing possum. Ha! That WOULD show him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to take all that healthy food the kids are throwing away, and feed it to the possum that takes up residence in your garage. Make it grow big.

    Have your two boys poke it with a fat stick every day. Make it mean.

    Put a fetching little skirt on it, so that it attracts a possum paramour, and--bazinga!--you have a possum family, ready to "greet" the FedEx guy and get him back for breaking the cat door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Possum ruckus or boy ruckus, that Fed-Ex guy had better what it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That FedEx fellow doesn't have the brains he was born with. In my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a challenge to have to spend every day worrying about others packages and then coming up with a new ways to trash them.

    Attack possums in fetching skirts. Hmmm. Not a lot of those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen,
    I hope he wears Depends.

    ********
    Sioux,
    Spoken like a true romantic.

    ********
    Kathy,
    Oh, there are multiples. The dog-fearer is the pick of the litter.

    ********
    Linda,
    I think he closes his eyes when he tosses something in the garage. UPS (Unqualified People Shipping) puts our crushed packages on the generator just inside the door, rather than flinging them willy-nilly onto the concrete floor.

    ********
    Joanne,
    If it was the dog-fearer, I will cut him a break. I saw the terror in his eyes that one time I met him coming out the driveway, and he whimpered, "I think you have ANOTHER dog in the garage!" If it's the yard-gouger or the come-to-the-end-of-the-driveway-and-get-it guy, I want my cat door repaired or replaced. Or a FedEx employee to stand by and let them in and out.

    *******
    Leenie,
    I'm thinking FedEx is part of a joint venture with UPS when it comes to destroying.

    As for your lack of skirted attack possums...maybe you haven't looked in enough dark garages.

    ReplyDelete