Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Val, a PENNY, and a Nosy Tracking Device Walk Into a Liquor Store

February came to a good end, and March was off to a great start for Val's Future Pennyillionaire nest egg. On SUNDAY, February 28, I hit the trifecta in Orb K.
 
 
After trading in some winners for fresh scratchers, I was thrilled to find not only a penny, but TWO waiting for me on the floor. Which was uncharacteristically clean for Orb K.
 

 The first was a shiny 2017, face down.

 
The second, a bit blurry in its insouciant stance, leaning against the baseboard, was a 1994, also face down. I was almost dancing with glee at nabbing TWO pennies.

But WAIT! On the way out the door, another penny screamed for attention.


It was waiting right there by the Chex Mix display. Might I suggest that Orb K make better use of their floor plan?

 
This was a face-down 1990 shiny specimen. Into the pants pocket for him!

_____________________________________________

MONDAY, March 1, I found a special treat in the liquor store

 
I waited so long in line that my phone sent me a message. "How was Cheap Smokes Beer, Liquor & Loans? It's rated 4.2 stars. Agree or disagree?" LOANS?
 

I sure hope this heads-up 1985 penny is mine for keeps! And NOT just a LOAN!
____________________________________________________________________
 
WEDNESDAY, March 3, I was exactly where I was meant to be at 2:22 p.m. Which happened to be the Backroads Casey's.
 
 
A little gift from Even Steven was waiting for my appearance. See? They'd even kept ne'er-do-wells away by marking it with those yellow DON'T SLIP AND SUE US thingies.
 
 
It was a heads-up 2008 penny. Out of focus because my phone is a bit recalcitrant, sometimes giving me a beautiful frame-worthy photo, as of Lincoln in the Liquor Store above, but sometimes this blurry mess.
______________________________________________________________
 
 That makes 5 COINS this week, for 5 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune! 
______________________________________________________
 
2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.
Dime         still at 1.
Nickel       still at 1.
Quarter    still at 2.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Even Steven is back on track I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's been missed! His French cousin Unfair Robert is certainly a poor replacement.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good thing I was there that day to pick them up. Oh, wait. This was Orb K. I could have gone the next day, and they would not have been swept up! Another customer might have picked them up, though.

      Delete
  3. Myhard of hearing guy drops coins all the time. My 23 yr old grandson doesn;t want penies so he tosses them. I can give you his itinerary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOSSES THEM? Don't worry about me calling the SO VERY WRONG POLICE on him. I'll keep this on the hush-hush...

      Delete
  4. Cheap smokes, beer, liquor and loans, huh? Are they advertising cheap loans, or just regular loans that someone decided to include in the ad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know that LOANS was one of the services they offered! I only use them for scratchers, and they just put a sign outside on the front of the building (an official state lottery sign) a few months ago. Guess I can sniff out lottery, but not loans.

      Delete