Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The Messages Continue

The Pony made his exit from the living room Tuesday night, to run bath water for his nightly soak in the big triangle tub in the master bathroom. He came back to stand in the doorway and discuss recent job rejections from his plethora of applications. Once talk turned to gun bargains, he said he'd had enough. This left Hick and me to our daily discussion of the most recent things Hick has done wrong (nothing blogworthy).

All at once, The Pony was back!

"You're not going to believe what I found on the side of the tub when I went back in!"

"Yes. I am. I'm guessing a LADYBUG!"

"YES! I'll get you a picture."


The Pony said he tried to pick it up to let it go outside, but the ladybug flew. Perhaps away home, to rescue her children from a house fire, but more likely around the bathroom, to appear again at a later date.

That was uplifting. Our visit to the cemetery on Thursday...not so much. I always stop once a week, for a drive-thru visit. The Pony happened to be along for the ride. As we were getting ready to leave, my eye was drawn to an object a little farther away.

"Pony. Do you SEE that? It's just a little creepy."

This is the month of MAY! The week before Memorial Day. Why is there a little Halloween doll standing in the cemetery? And looking RIGHT AT ME? About a month after every season or holiday, the grounds crew cleans out seasonal stuff.

I hope THIS wasn't some kind of message!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Val, I hope you looked directly at it and said Kiss my a** three times as my Italian grandmother used to do to break a spell. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I will make a note-to-self about that spell-breaker!

      Delete
  2. That is a sign for "Stay away from my pennies!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possible. I haven't found a single coin this week.

      Delete
  3. You youngsters get offa my lawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must not have been the only trespassers. She shook her fists off already!

      Delete
  4. She's so cute, that's probably why they left her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go there every week, and this is the first time I've seen her! What if she moves around to different sections...

      Delete