Sunday, May 3, 2020

On the Creach

Creach. That's the beach of our creek down by the mailboxes. As you might imagine, it has become quite popular! Somebody call Governor Newsom and see if he can help us out! Nah. Nevermind. Squatters gonna squat. Every day a new crew.

Here's the view from Mailbox Row when I came home from town around 2:00 on Saturday. That is NOT SilverRedO. It's a random intruder, parked on our private gravel road. You might notice the beach blanket set up in front of the truck. Before long, I'll be stepping over squatting sunbathers to get to my own mailbox!

Even my new used iPhone 8 was outraged! So much that I managed to get TWO pictures to stick long enough to get home to New Delly.

There's a closed-barbershop quartet mucking around in the creek. I assume they are stealing catching minnows. Don't know where they're going to squat to cast a line. No fish in this creek!

To be fair, some of the minnowers might be boys from our compound, the family who used the Bus-Waiting Shack way back when kids still had to go to school. I saw some of them swimming in the upper portion of the creek on my way out to town. It could possibly be their sister who set up the beach blanket. If so, no big deal. I see them walk down there a lot. Sad, though, if she was all comfy and that intruder truck pulled up to park right behind her!

I hope the head minnower has good intentions. And that those kids are more worldly than they seem. These days, you can't be too careful. "Want to help me catch some minnows?" might be the new "Can you help me find my puppy?" I guess there's safety in numbers.

If you're looking for a destination for a getaway when you get released from your own Stay-At-Home-Down, then Backroads Creach might be a cup of tea right up your alley! Just so you know, though...our bathrooms are closed.

11 comments:

  1. I have two grandsons that would love to be chasing minnows in that creek, they would probably catch fish too, I know, no fish in the creek, but they just always seem to catch fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long-legged birds like to stand in that creek, but I've never seen one with a fish. Down the blacktop road, where the low water bridge floods, I've seen people catch fish. The same creek's water there is about three feet deep in non-flood times. It's not far from the big river. That's actually the name of it: Big River.

      Delete
  2. Aww, closed bathrooms. The world's going to **** in a handbasket. Hmm, wonder what a handbasket is. C'ya, Val, I'm off to the Mighty All-Knowing Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Hick, and Jeff Goldblum in "The Big Chill," the outdoors is one giant toilet. So there's that.

      Delete
  3. My getaway destination won't be any creek with all the usual flies, and other bitey things that we get around here. it will be REAL beach, with salty ocean and white sand.
    I also hope those kids are safe from potential kidnappers/child abusers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty far from a real beach, so the creach has to suffice.

      I hope the kids are getting more worldly. Hick used to give them a ride home from the bus stop on rainy days, if he was passing by. He made them ride in the back of SilverRedO, not to be mean, but for everyone's safety from accusations.

      The last time, one of the kids said they couldn't, because their parents told them not to take rides from people they didn't know. Which Hick found amusing, since they'd already accepted several rides, and their dad knew him well enough to show up here asking for free tractor work on their driveway!

      Delete
    2. With all the bitey things in Australia I'd be afraid to leave the house.

      Delete
    3. Yikes! Don't they have that spider big enough to eat birds? After watching Survivor and Bear Grylls and the Naked and Afraid people, I'm petrified of the deadly snakes and spiders in Australia!

      Delete
    4. It can't be THAT bad, we've all survived. So far.

      Delete
  4. Down by the creek...that would be another book for you to write, along with your pennyillionare book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my Down By the Creek book could fold out to make a chair for sitting down by the creek!

      Delete