Friday, May 15, 2020

This Hick-Bashing Must Stop

Oh, wait. I don't mean to be misleading. Surely you didn't think the title meant that I am going to stop bashing Hick! M-O-O-N. That spells (according to Tom Cullen in The Stand)
"No way am I going to stop bashing Hick! Then I would have no content!"

No, we're talking about an experience Hick had at our favorite Chinese restaurant. We haven't had food from there in a long time. Probably not even during 2020. With The Pony home, and my doctor's nurse practitioner's appointment taking up the afternoon, we decided on Chinese for supper Tuesday night. Hick is always the picker-upper.

The Pony sent Hick a text so he wouldn't mess up the order. Sweet & Sour Chicken with fried rice for himself. Hunan Pork with white rice for me. Hunan Chicken with Fried Rice for Hick. And two orders of crab rangoon.

I guess a lot of people wanted Chinese for supper. Hick had to wait a long time. Of course, he doesn't call it in. He walks in to order, and waits. He was chatting with another woman waiting. When our order finally came out, and he paid and picked up the bags, the worker who brought it took his money and said, "For how many people? Five?"

Hick said, "No. There's just three of us."

As he was walking out, the lady he'd been talking to said, "Wow. Nothing like being called a fat-ass when you pick up your order!"

Heh, heh! I told Hick that I would have said, "No, it's all for ME! One person!"

I'm sure that worker lady was only asking to see how many fortune cookies to toss in. But still, Hick was surprised by the question.

10 comments:

  1. You know my entire stand up routine would be ruined without Hubs. Kind of like Phyllis Diller and Fang?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it! The routine virtually writes itself.

      Delete
  2. He missed out on two cookies. Now I'm thinking mmmm, but you forgot spare ribs and egg-rolls with Duck sauce which is "Sauce for duck, call duck sauce," not a sauce invented by a man named Duc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing, we had FOUR cookies! The Pony ate two, and Hick had one. I hadn't been to the kitchen yet. I was sitting on the short couch talking to them.

      "Oh, so it looks like I don't get a cookie."

      "No. There's one on the kitchen counter for you. Go read your fortune!"

      I wish I could remember it. Hick had something about having a good time around water. Heh, heh. RAIN was in the forecast all weekend, and I don't think he enjoys losing the second weekend of his re-opened Storage Unit Store. Nor the chance of the low-water bridge flooding and making him detour.

      We never get spare ribs, but I think my Hunan Pork is close. Just smaller pieces. We don't get the duck sauce! It's in clear packets, and you have to ask, and since Hick picks up the order...

      We DID have two tubs of that Sweet & Sour sauce. Not the same. More orange and different taste. The Pony used most of it.

      Delete
  3. I think Hick should have said yes and got extra fortune cookies. There's nothing wrong with a little extra fortune. I hate pork. Doesn't matter how it's cooked in what type of sauce, all I can taste is the pork then my mouth turns into a volcano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More pork for me! I actually prefer the Hunan Chicken, but they use some kind of coating, with very little chicken inside!

      Delete
  4. Hick is a man of the world. Nothing should surprise him. I usually ask, "Why?" when I prefer not to answer nosy questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is an open book. Even if he tries to be untruthful, it's obvious.

      Delete
  5. I would have probably answered the same as Hick, just wanting to get my order and be on my way. I love Chinese and so does HeWho, but the sodium is way too much for us now with our damaged hearts. I really miss good food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eat a little extra for you, next time we have it! And some for HeWho, too!

      Delete