Saturday, February 3, 2018

This Week Just Doesn't Make Cents

After such a profitable start to my new year, I can't believe that I only found ONE SINGLE PENNY this week! Have I lost my mojo?
_________________________________________________________________________

PENNY # 11 - January 30, 2018 (Tuesday)  Gas Station Chicken Store outside by door, 2000
_________________________________________________________________________

My dependable magical elixir provider provided my single penny. I was on my way in, having parked off to the side, by the moat. I was reaching for the door handle when I saw it! I put my $45 worth of to-be-cashed-in winning scratchers between my teeth, to free up both hands for operating my cell phone camera. Pics or it didn't happen, right?


Anyhoo...I found my penny face down under the drive-through roof over the gas pumps, right by the door.


Of course I was interrupted by two dingbats from the parking area by the road. Oh, they didn't bother me or get in my way, or even say anything to me. But they were THERE! Witnesses! I didn't want to be seen as THAT weirdo. The weirdo who takes picture of the ground. Maybe they looked at me as a Jessica Fletcher with updated technology, documenting a crime scene, collecting evidence. No. Most likely they didn't. They probably had never heard of Jessica Fletcher. They were 20-somethings. And they were HAF.

You know what HAF is, right? They were HIGH AS...EFF!

Seriously. They were as giggly and giddy as middle school girls. One went straight to the chicken counter to order chicken strips. The other wandered around the cooler at the back, peering through the glass doors at sodas and alcoholic beverages. She grabbed neither, then joined her fellow HAFer at the chicken counter, asking about chicken nuggets. A dude came in, and appeared to be with them, or at least know them.

Next thing I knew, they were standing too close to me in the line at the counter. Cutting up and finding everything hilarious. They didn't DO anything wrong. They didn't make contact, or make fun of me. They were just annoying. Too close. Laughing hilariously at nothing. HAF. I'm pretty sure of that, even though I didn't shine a penlight into their pupils, or get a whiff of smokeable high-maker. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Unless they were driving themselves, not riding with that dude. Or on a lunch break from work at the local can-opener factory or rat poison factory.

I'm thinking that maybe these two gals had been parked around back, filling their heads with free air from the hose. Hope they each paid $1.00 for using that free air!
_____________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Penny #11.
For 2018: Dimes still at #4, 5

For 2018: Nickel still at #1

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 89 .
Since 2017 (the beginning), still at Dimes #10, 11.
Since 2017 (the beginning), still at Nickel #1.
_____________________________________________________________________


8 comments:

  1. Some people may find taking pictures of pennies on the ground to be weird, but we know better.

    Actually it is weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like you are flying the antipennyite flag...

      Delete
  2. HAF! I like that. Here we say HAK, high as kites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAF. I've never heard that one, but I like it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it'll catch on. Like "fetch" in Mean Girls.

      Delete
  4. The two HAFers probably witnessed your picture taking and thought that you were in the process of making some high budget film, you know if they were HAF they couldn't tell the difference in picture taking and videoing anyways. They were laughing and giggling trying to get you to notice them for a possible part in your film...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's it. This younger generation is all about getting noticed!

      Delete