Monday, October 16, 2017

A Hot Friday Night in The Pony's Apartment

I received a text from The Pony on Saturday night. Let the record show that he is now living in an apartment off campus, though still part of the university housing system.

"My fridge apparently has a portal to Not-Heaven in it."

"Not sure I want to know! Like in Ghostbusters?"


"I was getting ice last night. One vent in the back of the freezer was hot to the touch and glowing red. I mean, I know refrigeration DOES heat. But not enough to make things glow!"

"Okay. Should you have that fridge checked out?"

"Nah. I doubt it."

"Did you tell Dad? He might know. About freezer vents. Not portals to Not-Heaven."

"Nah. It was just something funny. It's probably normal. You only see it when there's no other light."

"Not in FRIG II you don't!"

I consulted Hick when he got home from the auction. He looked at the picture. Looked horrified. A couple minutes later, Hick said that's probably so the ice maker can loosen the ice cubes so they fall out. It's probably normal.

Sunday afternoon, when I thought The Pony was most likely out of bed, or at least contemplating it...I sent him another text.

"Look at today's Bing photo. It reminded me of a castle, but it's a reservoir in England. Cool. NOT cool? When I typed that, it said BONG. Thank goodness my estranged BFF Autocorrect was looking out for me! Oh...and Dad said your freezer is supposed to do that, for the ice maker to release its cubes. Don't tell me you don't have an ice maker!"

"Haha! And I do have one!"

"Hopefully you mean an ice maker and not a bong!"

"An ice maker, Mother."

Well. You can't be too sure. What with that portal and all...

11 comments:

  1. Are you saying his bong is in the fridge? Mine isn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am neither a detective nor a stalker, but I AM a gambler, and I'll wager that you are over 21, live in a state where such paraphernalia is legal, live in a residence not owned by a university, and are not at risk of losing your scholarship!

      I'm also a run-on sentence writer.

      Delete
  2. That portal to not-heaven don't look right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't look or sound right to me. I'd be getting it checked out toot-sweet, just in case there was danger of melt-down and possibly fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought, until Hick proposed his explanation. Next time he visits The Pony (coming up in a few weeks), I'll remind him to check it out.

      At least it should keep a thousand mice from nesting in there, like the fridge I saw on Hoarders!

      Delete
  4. Well, he said in that moment he meant "ice maker" but he did not say he didn't have a bong... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to think of it, when we cleaned out Mom's house, and my childhood bedroom, and he saw a stretched-out beer-bottle bud vase...he asked me if it was a bong!

      I was going to tell him he had no idea what he was talking about, but then figured he'd ask me how I knew so much...

      Delete
  5. An ice maker and a bong, man Pony has it made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all a college student needs!!

      Delete
    2. The Pony DOES lead a pretty cushy life. I can't believe he's surviving without me!

      Delete