Friday, October 20, 2017

Back-of-the-Book-Blurb Friday #81 "Norman Veranda"

Blog buddy Sioux is hosting Back-of-the-Book-Blurb Friday. I have 150 words to convince you to fake-buy my fake book. This week, Val serves up a bio on a new rising star. Whether it's pure entertainment you seek, a hearty meal fill your belly, or a rags-to-riches story of a new entrepreneur...Val's latest fake book will leave you sated. To broaden your horizons and tempt your palate and update your fashion sense...order your fake copy today!



Norman Veranda

Norman Veranda is not content to sit on the porch and sip sweet tea. Norman seeks the spotlight, whether performing weekends as the headliner at a local drag show, or slinging hash in his daytime job as a short-order cook. Now Norman is starting his own line of unique headwear, called Campy Chapeaus.

Unfortunately, Norman's arch nemesis, Babs Marley, is being a real pain, complaining copyright violation about Norman's latest creation, a knit hat with several stripes, adorned with jerk chicken, rice, fried plantains, coconuts, and limes. Will one bad apple send Norman's dreams up in smoke, and put an end to his bread and butter? (106 words)

__________________________________________________________________

Fake Reviews for Val’s Fake Book

Rag on the Fifer's Head in The Spirit of 76 Painting..."Far from being a revolutionary work of literature, this fake story is a trite reminder that nobody wins in war OR in the fake-reading of one of Thevictorian's fake books!"

Baker's Chef Hat..."This fake book will not rise, despite being overly inflated. Thevictorian herself is a crusty tart who is not on a roll, her 81st effort falling flat. She is toast."

Plastic Baseball Helmet Sundae Dish..."Thevictorian strikes out with this fake book. Like my contents, it starts out sweet, but you soon grow tired of it, and within a few moments, you realize that it's a muddled mess just waiting for the garbage can."

Diver's Helmet..."I might be made of brass, but even I am not strong enough to endure Thevictorian's latest fake work. I would rather be 20,000 leagues under the sea than fake-read the fake writing of this drip!"

Beekeeper's Mask..."I am very good at my job, but even I cannot protect you from the sting of this atrocious fake book. Let's hope nobody develops an allergy to Thevictorian's fake writing, because I don't believe there's enough benadryl in the world to save the few fake-readers. The buzz I hear is that this author is a killer...of the English language."

Fencing Mask..."Let me pointedly advise you to be on guard when Thevictorian hawks her fake books. Most of you won't be able to handle them, and it's my attempt to foil her efforts to thrust them upon you."

Book on the Head of a Future Debutante at Finishing School..."Don't let this fake book catch you off-balance. Society frowns upon low-class hacks like Thevictorian. Her fake work is not even fit to adorn the lice-riddled heads of common backwoods hillbillies as they practice walking with regal bearing to try to infiltrate the upper classes."

Magician's Hat..."My owner may pull rabbits out of me, but he can't make this fake book readable. He's a magician. Not a miracle worker." 

Egg..."I'm all over Thevictorian's face. She must have been fried when she fake-wrote this fake book. She's a rotten fake-writer, her brains are scrambled, and she makes me boiling mad! It would all be over, easy, if she would just stop writing."

Link Sausages..."Too many words, stuffed into too little space! Thevictorian's fake writing is like War and Peace wedged between the covers of a Little Golden Book."

Bacon..."What a ham! Thevictorian thinks she smokes the competition, but she really needs to be cured of that attitude, and stop writing and invest what money she has left into pork belly futures."

Beans..."I am sometimes called The Magical Fruit. The more you eat of me, the more you toot. But even that flatulence could not possibly stink as much as Thevictorian's fake book!"

Tomato..."Unlike the misnamed beans above...I am an actual fruit. There's no truth to the misconception that early settlers thought me poisonous. There is, however, every truth to the belief that Thevictorian is no writer!"

Mushrooms..."You must think we've been kept in the dark and fed crap if you believe that we'll fall for this fake book! Oh, wait..."

14 comments:

  1. The content of this fake book is a little hard to swallow, I just don't think I could choke this one down. There is only so much fake money to go around and with the price of jerk chicken and sweet tea it's almost like I don't have any left at all for such a bad book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you can't say what you REALLY feel!

      Delete
  2. Ripping off Carmen Miranda is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! He's FLATTERING her by imitating her. Sincerely! That's what he'll tell her estate if they want a cut of the action.

      Delete
  3. I would have to buy Norman's hats just because I love the name of them! As a knitter, you have me thinking about how I could knit a hat like that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! As a sideline, Norman can make his Campy Chapeaus logo into pendants and earrings and tattoos! A hat like that shouldn't be all that hard to knit. Speaking as a non-knitter...

      Delete
  4. Val--As usual, your blurb (and the reviews) have me beat. I especially love the Jamaican Jerk hat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not a competition. We will all get a trophy.

      If you'd had the Jamaican Jerk hat while you were...ahem...LOCKED in your school building, you would have been in no danger of starving.

      Delete
  5. Don't get a Hedda (Hopper) of yourself & fake buy this fake book. Val's hopes of becoming an author have been (Lily) Dachèd!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great! I seem to get more reviews every week. Maybe one of these days, I'll get a neutral one!

      Delete
  6. Reading this fake book about food hats was about as unpleasant as eating real "shit on a shingle."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Maybe the military will buy a bunch of copies to use as instruments of torture! Make way for Val-booking, the new water-boarding.

      Delete
  7. Just when I thought I had a favorite review, you outdid yourself, and I had another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like to think of my fake reviews as the Lay's Potato Chips of the fake-book world.

      Delete