Tuesday, October 24, 2017

He Might Have Snapped the Picture Just a Little Too Late

Monday, Hick rallied The Veteran (Hick's second son), and they took a road trip. Later that afternoon, Hick sent me a picture. I couldn't see it very well at the time, and was trying to figure out what it was, and why he sent it. I opened the email, fully expecting to see a treasure from Goodwill. Don't for one second think that Hick and The Veteran would go on a road trip without canvassing every Goodwill, flea market, and antique store in the vicinity.

The problem is, if Hick sends my a picture by text, my updated phone won't let me send them like it did before I updated. And if he sends a picture by email, my phone only shows a portion of the picture on the screen. So I'm at a loss until I can open such photos on Shiba or New Delly, and have the benefit of the full monitor.


When I looked at this one, all I saw was a section of blue sky and white cloud. I wondered if Hick had caught some lightning, or maybe there was a black storm cloud moving in, because the horizon in his direction when he left looked menacing. Once I got the whole picture, I could see THE RAINBOW!

Not satisfied with bringing this little bit of sunshine refraction into my life, Hick sent another photo. Again, I only saw the sky, and my original assumption was back in mind.


"Oh. Hick caught the storm clouds over that gas station." Upon further inspection full screen, I again saw THE RAINBOWs! Too bad Hick didn't keep chasing it and bring me back a pot of gold. Or at least some Skittles. I guess he snapped the picture just a little too late to get the farting unicorn in frame.

Now...here's a little contest for you. You might assume that Hick was on a mission to get that windshield replaced. It's not like he could do it around here. No siree Bob! Hick has connections in his Work Town area. So he was driving there to leave that vehicle a couple days for a new windshield. Here's the contest part. NO PRIZES! Just braggin' rights and a feeling of superiority. I will tell you which vehicle that is NOT:

2008 Chevy Tahoe
2016 GMC Acadia
2002 Chevy Trailblazer
1999 Ford F250
1980 Olds Toronado
2006 Mercury Mariner
2013 Nissan Rogue
1967 Chevy C10 Pickup

Any ideas? Let the record show that this vehicle has nothing to do with The Veteran. He was merely following in his own auto to act as Hick's ride back home. You can guess the origin or owner of this bad-windshield beauty, or if you're feeling especially gearheadish, the make and model and year. That would win you the very best NON PRIZE of all! As a consolation NON PRIZE, you can even guess the highwayular location of the rainbow in case you don't know anything about cars or Val's vehicular life.

Good luck! Maybe we have some haystack-needle champions out there who can crack (heh, heh, get it?) this case.

12 comments:

  1. 2004 Honda Accord.

    The highway is easy, it is on the address of the gas station, Rout 66.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! Your are the closest loser ever! Only one off, for the year and the location. But the make and model aren't even in the neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. I have no knowledge about cars, so I'm not even going to hazard (hazard--get it?) a guess.

    But if I was stupid enough to guess, I'd say it was a Trailblazer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Right on the make, not on the model. It IS a Chevy, but not a Trailblazer.

      Delete
  3. Tommy's car maybe, I think Hick would jump in and fix his windshield for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you didn't peek ahead! Not that I'm accusing you, of course.

      Yes, it's Tommy's car. More details in the next post. Hick wouldn't give Tommy a bum car!

      Delete
    2. I believe you! Just didn't want you to be pranking me like you were a psychic or something.

      Delete
  4. Nice rainbows. I missed this post yesterday while I visited with my 83 year old neighbour. She's one of the few people I can sit and chat with and lose all track of time. With most people I can manage a few sentences, then I'm itching to get away and go inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's actually a faint double rainbow over the gas station. I almost missed it.

      I'm glad you had a good talk with your neighbor. I bet it meant a lot to her.

      Delete