Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Little Peek Inside the L B of H

For those of you who have been perched on the edge of your Mickey Mouse-eared barber chair, eagerly awaiting the grand opening of Hick's Little Barbershop of Horrors...grab your armrests so you don't fall off. The grand opening has not yet been announced. There was, however, some activity in the interior decorating department.


Apparently, Hick is going with a SPORTS BARbershop theme. I don't know where he got his memorabilia. I haven't known him to seek it out on eBay like his Falstaff stuff and beer trays, or even his Coca Cola oldies. Maybe he got his balls (heh, heh, I said balls) as promotional items at the games. He gets free tickets from his vendors. Not as many as he used to, because somebody made a new regulation (about 10 years ago) that any freebies had to be entered into a drawing for ALL employees, even though they don't deal with the headaches of jobs gone wrong or bringing things in under bid or making sure errors are remedied at no further cost. C'est la FREE, I guess they say...

Hick made The Pony take this picture and send it to me. "What do you talk about in a barbershop? Sports and fishing!" I have not asked if another wall will be devoted to fishing. Or why he didn't tape off his corners when he painted the wall red. I suppose it was a rush job, what with him wanting to get his proposed barbershop up and running.

11 comments:

  1. I've heard of "The Bridge to Nowhere." I guess this is the "Mantel to Nowhere"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it could be the clubhouse for the he-man woman haters club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to take him down a peg, you could tell him he should be ashamed to have a poster of the Notorious Sports Cheater Mark McGwire on his wall. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. Does Hick know how to cut hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a man-BARbershop! I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is he a charter member of G.R.O.S.S? (Get Rid Of Slimy girlS) It's an exclusive club. Maybe that's why you only got a photo of the place. Susie Derkins may have some advice on how to deal with that organization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sioux,
    Yes. I was just thinking that myself. WHERE did Hick get a mantle? We have them for our fake electric fireplaces, but they are built in. Did Hick cut the mantle off an electric fireplace? Did he get the mantle at the auction? I don't know what's going on out there in the Little Barbershop of Horrors. I may need to find out what's UNDER that mantle.

    *****
    joeh,
    So true. I wonder if he can find one that works for Auction Meat...

    HIck is many things, but a woman-hater is not one.

    *****
    Catalyst,
    Whoa! You sound like a CUBS fan. My apologies for the insult if you are not.

    Hick is not really a baseball fan. He is a hoarder. I mean "collector." So if he sees something that might fit in one of his assorted hoards...I mean "collections," he snaps it up.

    Cardinals come and go, but I have never been a fan of McGwire. Not even in his heyday, and especially not now, as the batting coach for those crybaby Dodgers.

    *****
    Stephen,
    Hick THINKS he knows how to cut hair.

    *****
    Tammy,
    It glows like the flaming walls of not-heaven. He could have at least painted it with stripes, like a barber pole.

    *****
    Leenie,
    I think the mere mention of G.R.O.S.S would confuse Hick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am NOT a Cubs fan. Diamondbacks, if you please. But I was pleased by your comment about the (hated) Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. His carpentry skills are so advanced, but I have only the Fred Sanford Emporium to compare them to. I have signed baseballs from Kirby Puckett and lots of other stuff. I am a Twins fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catalyst,
    Whew! You had me worried there for a minute. I like the Diamondbacks logo. I hope you don't call them the D-backs, because...well...that would be too easy for somebody to twist into the d-bags...Not me, of course. I would never taunt a fan about his team. Unless, of course, it was the crybaby Dodgers.

    *****
    Kathy,
    Hey! The Twins don't annoy me at all. Something I can't say about the crybaby Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete