Thursday, September 17, 2026

Hick Breaks a T-Hoe Promise

For several months, T-Hoe has had a problem. At first I thought it was a gas station problem. I cannot put the gas nozzle in and click that lever to let the tank fill up. I CAN, but it shuts itself off after a couple of seconds. Same thing when I squeeze the handle gently. A few glugs of gas go in, but then it shuts off.

I told Hick about the problem. He said the same thing happens with him at Casey's in Backroads. I get T-Hoe's gas at the Casey's over in Sis-Town. The Pony is often with me for refueling on Errand Days. Said it looks like the problem is older gas pumps, or something with a vent valve thingy in T-Hoe. Which means SilverRedO is having the same issue. That would not surprise me. T-Hoe is a 2008, and SilverRedO is a 2012. They get driven on our gravel road every day. I'm sure all that dust can exact a toll.

Anyhoo... Hick had finally told me that he was making an appointment for Thursday morning to get T-Hoe fixed. I reminded him that T-Hoe has also been needing an oil change through most of this year. And his solution has been to add a couple of quarts here and there.

I was really excited. T-Hoe would be fixed Thursday morning, and I could get gas with ease on Thursday afternoon. No more taking 15 minutes to pump in $40 of gas. I sure don't have time to pump a FULL TANK, heh, heh. I'm just topping off every week.

Anyhoo... Tuesday evening, Hick said that he can't get T-Hoe fixed on Thursday morning.

"I told Mick that I'd need for him to be done by 10:00. I have to go see my supplier to get stock for my store. And my buddy whose wife just died is riding to Illinois with me. Mick said he doesn't know if he can have it done by 10:00. So I'm going to take it one day next week."

A likely story! The Pony will not be happy about spending so much time pumping my gas. Hopefully the gas won't splash out on The Pony's shoes (and bare toes) like last time. Hick's "solution" is for me to get gas at Rhodes. Wherever that is! He said it's by Walmart. In which case it's by the newest roundabout, and on a side street by the Walmart parking lot, and very inconvenient. Hick says it would be "easy," because their pumps aren't as forceful, and the stand to pay (I won't use the debit card at the pump because of card skimmers) is really close to the pumps. I figure once I start getting gas there, Hick will not take T-Hoe to be fixed!

I bet if one of Hick's Harem needed something, he could adjust the timing of his supply run...

No comments:

Post a Comment