Monday, August 18, 2014

This Ain't My First Do-Re-Do

Every now and then, Val appropriates a song title, changes it to fit her agenda, and slaps it up top on her post to act as a title. I'm sure that's news to everyone but the CHAIRMAN OF THE BLOG TITLE APPROPRIATION COMMITTEE , who so kindly inquired about my plagiaristis propensities in yesterday's comments.

I've half a mind to choose Jerry Jeff Walker's "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" as my next title, just to cause the CHAIRMAN to write up a report. That song is out there if you want to listen to it, but all I could find was Jimmy Buffet's version. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Funny how this topic came up. Only this morning, I was enlightening The Pony on how to approach women. Rather, on how to get high school girls to talk to him. I got the inspiration from the radio.

"You know, Pony, you should try that. Listen to this song right now. 'If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?' How's that? Or this one: 'If I swore you were an angel, would you treat me like the devil tonight?' Uh huh. You've gotta make them notice you. Something like, 'Judging from the cover, I'd love to read the book.' That's a whole other song. But you get my drift."

"Those are bar pick-up lines for drunk people! Um. No. Besides, I heard a better one than that at Missouri Scholars Academy this summer. 'Before I came here, I was like a computer with no wi-fi. But when I met you, I felt a connection.'"

"Yeah. Don't really use those I gave you when you talk to girls. You'll get slapped across the face."

There is danger, you see, in using lyrics and titles indiscriminately. Leave such activities to Val. The professional.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should leave Pony to his own devices. Being himself is the best approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summers at the shore, my son always had success with just walking up to girls and saying "Hi, my names Matt where you from?"

    My line used to be "a hommina hommina hommina!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pony sounds like he was speaking from experience. How many bars has he been in? How many drunk people has he hung around with? What kind of soused floozies is he picking up on a nightly basis?

    What kind of edjamakation is that boy getting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen,
    The Pony would never take my advice on this topic. I have been teasing him since last week, because he said he hoped he got some new girls in his class this year. I've been telling him about a new girl his age in my class, saying that I was going to ask her if she liked guys with goatees, guys who write science fiction, guys who don't drive yet...

    *****
    joeh,
    I suppose it's easier at the shore than in the meth capital of Missouri.

    *****
    Sioux,
    I'm not sure where he's been hanging out while I thought he was asleep. Just today, he told me the animal with the biggest...um...testicles. It's the cricket, in case your inquiring mind wants to know.

    ReplyDelete