Saturday, May 1, 2021

A Stranger Touched Val's...PENNY!

That was a close one! I waited all week for a penny to show itself to me. I didn't get my Saturday CENTsus post ready, leaving room to fill in my finds. Nothing was percolating in Pennyopolis. But FRIDAY, April 30, coming down to the deadline, I FOUND ONE!
 
 
Standing in line at the Liquor Store can be profitable. I spy with my cataracted eye a PENNY lurking under the counter! I had time to snap a photo. There was a dude in line behind me while this guy was paying for his case of beer. A lady came in and had to stand by the aisle to the right. 

"Did you have a big winner?" she said congenially, seeing me clutching a scratcher.

"Fifty dollars. Of course I buying more tickets..."

It was my turn. I stepped up while the friendly clerk was talking to other workers behind the counter.

"And I'm going to get this lucky penny here, too. IF I can get it out of there."
 
 
I took a closer picture. Tried to dig out that penny with the toe of my shoe. Nothing doing.

"Do you want that penny?"

"I would like to have it, yes. I collect them. But it looks like I'm not getting it out."

"Here." That lady came up and crouched down and plucked my penny for me.

"Thank you so much!"

Also thanks to the Liquor Store. I got a $20 winner and a $16 winner. With the rest of my cash-out, I got a $10 winner at the Backroads Casey's, and a $3 winner at the Gas Station Chicken Store. Okay, so I was a dollar down at the end of the day. But I still consider it a win. Same as finding a single penny for the week.
______________________________________________________________________
 
That's ONE PENNY this week, an increase of 1 CENT to my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 44.
Dime         still at 3.
Nickel       still at 1.
Quarter    still at 2.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________
 

6 comments:

  1. Now I will look for coins, just for you! You make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to share the joy I get from finding pennies. So you don't have to bend over and expose your rumpus! Maybe you can just observe them, and keep a journal. Kind of like bird-watching. OR you can harvest them and keep them in a penny goblet on your kitchen counter.

      Delete
  2. You made it sound like a bad thing in the title...that was a nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My titles can't always be better than the post itself. This one is a little thing I call CLICK BAIT! Yes, that lady WAS very nice. Such a rare quality in my usual line-mates.

      Delete
  3. How nice of her to get your penny out from under. Great wins even if you didn't break even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she gets Even-Stevened for her helpfulness! I'm always happy to win some money back to spend again. It's like another chance at winning something good. I don't expect a fortune. The fun is in the playing. I sure like getting those $100 winners.

      Delete