Saturday, May 8, 2021

This Week's Penny Goblet Is the New Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard

Nothing! Nada! Zip, zilch, bupkis! A big ol' goose egg! There was no joy in Pennyillionaireville. The ample-rumpused Val has not lucked out. 
 
NO PENNIES WERE FOUND THIS WEEK!

I can just hear the sentiments of a former sitcom star, a guy with a big head and flared nostrils; a horse face, big teeth, and a pointed nose: "That's a shame."

Yes! It IS a shame! How can I become a Future Pennyillionaire without a steady income of PENNIES? It's not for lack of trying. I'm out there beating the streets. Or at least beating the parking lots of convenience stores. I go to two a day. Minimum! Sometimes three. Plus a grocery store or two every week. And this week, I was also at the hospital to visit the upstairs clinic for my routine [drug-seeking] six-month appointment. Surely people in a hospital have money. At least when they go in...

Oh, well. I guess I'll just chomp on a dirty old carrot. After all, tomorrow is another week.
________________________________________________________________________

That's 0 COINS this week, for 0 CENTS.
________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       still at 44.
Dime         still at 3.
Nickel       still at 1.
Quarter    still at 2.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. I sense Even Steven chomping at his bit...next week should be a doozy.

    I don't know where "doozy" came from, was stuck in my head from last century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I don't need smelling salts and a fainting couch when my penny shipment arrives!

      Delete
    2. That almost went swishing over my head, but it is a doozy of an answer.

      Delete
    3. I guess that means that you have never read a Victorian novel...

      Delete
  2. Aww, I feel like I should mail you one of mine, an Australian one cent coin. Which are no longer in circulation here, neither are the two cent coins, but I have a few stashed away somewhere. Just for old times sake. Maybe a future descendant of mine can sell them one day and get enough for a carton of milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the thought, but I wish for your descendants to have CENTS! As for the carton of future milk, will we even be allowed to have milk cows then? You know, what with all their farting into the atmosphere...

      Delete