Friday, August 18, 2017

Back-of-the-Book-Blurb Friday #72 "The Yearning"

Blog buddy Sioux is hosting Back-of-the-Book-Blurb Friday. I have 150 words to convince you to fake-buy my fake book. Everybody loves a good dog story. Right? So at least a few somebodies might tolerate Val's fake book this week. Or at least tepidly agree that it's not deplorable. Should you go looking for parking lot pennies to fund your purchase? You ain't a-woofin'! C'mon! Be Val's worst critic (that means you'll give a good review, see?) and fake-buy her latest fake book about man's best friend.


The Yearning

Li'l Copper doesn't mean to be bad. "How was I supposed to know those cheeping little fuzzy critters are pets? I eat other fuzzy little critters. The hoppy ones, and those I dig out of tunnel in the yard. If somebody had told me that it was frowned upon...well...I would not have done that!"

Li'l Copper rarely stays home. "I wanna live next door with the cool dogs! They eat cat kibble twice a day, a dry food buffet, AND get an evening snack of delectable people food! I just want a scrap. Crumbs. I don't ask for attention. That barking thing? Well...I'm only protecting my master's territory. Who does that lady think she is, tromping back and forth, only yards from my property line? At first it was fun dodging those driveway rocks, but now it's tiresome."

Will Li'l Copper meet Mr. Shocky, and earn his Good Dog certificate? (150 words)

__________________________________________________________________

Fake Reviews for Val’s Fake Book

The Little Match Girl...""If you can't warm up to this story, you are a bitter, bitter human being. I think Thevictorian might even have seen the light on this one."

The Grinch..."This story makes me want to give back little Cindy Lou Who's candy cane, and the tree that won't light on one side, and the roast beast. I hope Thevictorian makes a lot of money off of this fake book, because I'm suing her for medical bills, since my heart grew two sizes when I read it, and split open my thoracic cavity."

The Grinch's Dog..."I think this pup would look good with a set of antlers on his head. He looks strong enough to pull a sleigh loaded with cartons of this fake book."

Old Dan and Little Ann..."We haven't seen writing like this in a coon's age! A good 72nd effort by Thevictorian. And we ain't (mtn.) lion!"

Cruella de Vil..."I thought I had a contemporary in Thevictorian, but she's proved to be more soft-hearted and unfashionable than I could ever have imagined."

Buck from Call of the Wild..."This fake book is smooth sledding. Something must have happened to Thevictorian in the recent past, because her cold, cold heart seems to have melted."

Old Yeller..."Give this fake book a shot! I don't mean to sound defensive, but I think some of those rabid reviewers have gone too far in criticizing Thevictorian in the past."

14 comments:

  1. The author of this story should be smacked on the snout with a rolled newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got my first parking lot penny but had to send it to Val to cover her on Monday, and now I can't afford to buy Val's fake book because one found parking lot penny is about all its worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Monday penny. I did not find one, and I'd better not find out that OTHER PEOPLE are finding them and NOT giving them to me!

      My fake book, like a found penny, has sentimental value that outweighs monetary value...

      Delete
  3. Forget buying the fake book, I want to buy Li'l copper and bring him home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll flip you for him if I can find a penny!!

      Delete
    2. River-If I didn't already have two dogs of my own, plus Neighbor Copper...I'd want this little guy for myself.

      Delete
    3. fishducky-Find your own penny! All pennies you find are rightfully mine! So good luck with that.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh. Our stories intersected a bit--at least via your reviews.

    A little Red Fern. A little London. Some of the 1001. A little Suess... all rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stealing is the sincerest form of flattery, is it not? I am...um...greatly inspired...by the work of others!

      Delete
  5. I feel sorry for Li'l Copper! I think his owner should be sent to the doghouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's plenty of room! Li'l Copper doesn't use his own doghouse. He sleeps on the porch with the cool dogs.

      Delete