This is why we can't have accessible things. SOME people are so entitled that they park where they darn well please. Never mind that they might be inconveniencing a protected demographic. Also breaking the law. And generally being a first-class rumpushole.
It was Tuesday, the hottest day of the year. Heat index 115. I had just come out of Save A Lot and climbed into T-Hoe. I was LUCKY to get the other handicap space, the one I prefer.
This guy comes whipping into this handicap space. No handicap plate. No handicap placard. He got out and walked to the door with no sign of any different-abledness nor orthopedic injury. He looked like a thin version of David Crosby.
Don't make excuses for him, like maybe he didn't know it was a handicap parking space. The stencil is clearly visible. It's not like there were no other places to park. The space right next to him is empty. And the whole row behind him.
I have a feeling he would have preferred to park in a striped handicap walkway. Because he and his sports car are so very special.

No comments:
Post a Comment