This is the area between the front room and the kitchen. The furnace and washer/dryer were in that space. Hick says they are going bye-bye. He opened up the furnace, and it was full of gunk. Not salvageable. I imagine HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) and his buddy took any working appliances when they did the initial cleanout.
Here's more of that area, after more floor removal. Hick replaced rotten floor joists, and leveled the floor. He and Old Buddy put down the new subfloor. It's not intended for living on, heh, heh. Just a base to put a new (level) floor of laminate or carpet or whatever the eventual flip-buyer wants.
This is the new floor in the front room. That window looks out onto the street. I think that's a cabinet Hick is using as a work table. The other might be a dryer that he moved out of the way to work on the other part of the floor.
This is another view of the front room, looking back through the furnace area, to the kitchen. Hick says he hopes to get the kitchen floor done next week. Then Cheap House will be ready to list with Realtor Guy.
Just as I suspected, and dreaded... Hick said last night, "I'm not so sure we shouldn't KEEP this house, and fix it up to sell. I've already done the hard parts. I could work on it when I get Lap House done."
I KNEW Hick would do that! Which is why I didn't want to buy Cheap House when we already had Lap House. Of course it would make sense, after spending so much on the roof. I told Hick that was not part of the original agreement. He was all for flipping quick, and making a small profit. Now he wants to do the whole thing. It doesn't matter so much to US, but The Pony has money tied up in two flips now, and is paying two sets of half-expenses. And Cheap House will need an HVAC system. They ain't cheap! Nor are kitchens.
I don't know what The Pony will have to say when I break this news. Hick tried to act like it was just a suggestion. "Oh, yeah. Of course we'll still list it. But if it doesn't sell, I can finish it..."




No comments:
Post a Comment